snow

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. theoctagon

Backpacking Ben Lawers

Just got back from a cracking weekend up in the snow in Scotland so I thought I'd share a couple of photo's and a video from my trip: Camp below Ben Lawers by @OutdoorsMH, on Flickr Sunrise from camp, Ben Lawers by @OutdoorsMH, on Flickr http://youtu.be/rTLrMHjLymQ Not really a trip report...
  2. kard133

My little Norway Trip, the highs and woe's. Pic heavy

My little tale begins in early March, I was feeling down, stressed and that my life was going nowhere. and after thinking about it, wrangled some time of work and decided to go for it, a trip to the Nordmarka. I was intending to visit Ivan and the gang for his and Andy's birthday bash, but the...
  3. theoctagon

A snowy few days in the Lakes

Managed to get up to the Lakes last week so thought I'd share a few photo's from my trip. Had a really good few days, took the Trailstar again and very happy I did as there were some strong winds which the Trailstar just took in it's stride! I'll be adding a write up and more...
  4. Lordyosch

Footprints in the snow -Galloway forest

Hi all, I've just returned from an excellent trip to Scotland. Early in the week I was in the Galloway forest, the Loch Trool area. One day, whilst out showsnoeing near to Curleywee I came across some tracks in the snow. There were no other signs of disturbance on the ground. The snow was deep...
  5. L

The Vosges, France, in February: what to expect?

Hi all, A couple of friends and myself are planning a hiking trip to the Vosges in France in the second week of February. This would be our first winter trip at moderate height (up to 1424m, Grand Ballon) and hopefully a good warm up to head for the Alps, Cairngorns or Scandinavia next...
  6. Simon1

Swedish Snow Smock

Hi all, I've seen a few threads on these Swedish snow smocks that a few of you have dyed. I am thinking of trying to get hold of one for a little project of my own, dying maybe changing the buttons etc!!! Does anyone know where you can still get them from??? And also if you have modded...
  7. merrygold85

First Winter Snow 2010

Hey everybody, Last night we got our first snow here in Newcastle so this morning I decided to go for a walk and take some pictures. Just around the corner from me is the Ouseburn Valley which has a couple of small parks and wooded walkways. So thats where I headed. Not exactly into the...
  8. P

Winter/Snow Camo

Alright Guys, i know its very late to be talking about this because in Sunny GB its the summer. But i'm wanting to know if you guys have came across any good parkas/trousers suitable for winter wear preferably a winter snow pattern on it or just plain white. Ive saw the German Snow over suit...
  9. Rob

Snowy Tracks, Blood Trail and an end to a story

I love tracking in the snow. It is a great place to learn the basics, see some more subtle sign and to build on some of the analytical skills that really help you put together a picture of events. A couple of days ago, I was wandering about in the wood behind our house. It had been great...
  10. jimjolli

What Arctic Boots To Get?????

Hello, I'm off to Sweden in Feb on an Arctic survival course and need to get some boots. I am guessing it'll probably be between -20C and -40C there. I don't really want to spend more than £100, and ideally want boots that won't become redundant back here in the U.K. The ones that seem to...
  11. tjwuk

Icy Cornwall

Some snapshots taken out in a local wood in Cornwall today. Not many people about today, first time I have seen this kind of ice in Cornwall. Also guesses on what the tracks are although covered by fine snow. I know what they are as there are loads of them about here. Click the pics for...
  12. D

A few recent pics.

excellent. turns out i can post from wordpress. maybe i'll edit my other thread to reflect that at some point. anyway... back in chopwell for the christmas holidays, so i've been out and about with the camera, trying to have a little more purpose (achieved with flickr... massive source of...