advice

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
  1. P

Not Bushcraft - music device question

I'm looking for a background music device that's independent from digital devices like computer, phone or tablet. Not as big as a traditional hifi. I'm thinking a small DAB radio. Nothing special, I'm not that bothered by high fidelity sound, so long as it's not really poor quality. The last...
  2. B

New bushcraft enthusiast

Hi guys I have recently been becoming enthusiastic around starting to get into bushcraft and wild camping im from a relatively non outdoors family so have very little knowledge on anywhere around me (North Lincolnshire) I would appreciate any pointers on how to get into contact with anyone with...
  3. Black-Dog

Restringing a gathered end hammock (help)

Hello good outdoorsmen and women of bushcraft uk, I hope you're all doing well, and having a nice day I have the ever so common DD frontline hammock I foolishly removed the factory fitted rope from my hammock in attempt to replace with paracord, and im wondering if anyone has any tips on...
  4. D

Advice on south east Scotland

Hi all, myself and a couple of friends are planning on a spot of wild camping in march somewhere in south west Scotland. I was hoping someone would have some recomendations for us, either a nice secluded beach or forest, somewhere we can just get away from the dreaded rat race for a couple of...
  5. G

Advice needed: Estate car purchase, economical but big enough to sleep in!

Hi all. Just wondering if anyone can offer me some advice? I have been given some cash and hopefully will be starting a new job soon with better pay. I live on the outskirts of London and want to buy a car to use for trips out of the city and for holidays. I have about £1000 - £1500 to...
  6. P

Accident - car pulls to one side

Our car got side swiped by a truck turning a corner and apart from visual damage like dents/scatches along the bodywork and on the alloy wheel the car seems to have had it's steering affected. I haven't driven it only my partner and it needs constant steer to one side to keep it straight. Now I...
  7. E

A great tarp for shelter making?? Need good advice

I am searching for a great tarp for making shelters. I do not do hammocking. I want something that i can make alot of different shelter setups. I would use a rigdeline so attach points along the middle would be nice, generally just many attach points for different type of shelters. I would...
  8. leedsbrew

2 night wild camping/walking trip Scotland (Galloway Forest possibly)

Hi I'm new to the forum and loving trawling through the posts. Loads of great info/advice. Myself and my two brothers (liams105e + one not on the forum) are planning a weekend wild camping/walking trip north of the border in August. We are all pretty experienced campers, walkers and...
  9. unijaw

Newbie Tarp setup! Advice needed!

Hey folks so I purchased a DD 3x3 tarp and a travel hammock and it arrived today. I set up the tarp in my back garden with my limited knowledge of setting up tarps. Please take a look and tell me how I did if you could recommend your favourite tarp setups for wind/rain/general. If you could also...
  10. Retired Member southey

Stainforths and Severourick hatchet

Withdrawn,
  11. Smith28

Boot Advice

Hello chaps. As you have probably guessed by the thread title i've come for a bit of advice on my boots.. ;) They are bloody fantastic pieces of kit (the most important piece you can have in the woods I think), anyway, I wouldn't say they are getting battered - they're still in very good...
  12. Smith28

Tent advice

Hello chaps, I am in search of some help and advice. I'm trying to find a tent to use to go backpacking in Europe. Specifically it will be around Southern France/Northern Spain. It's not a winter expedition so I'm not too worried about getting a winter proof fortress. I'm looking for a tent...
  13. OwenoWent

Waterproofing Leather Hat

My old Argentinian leather goucho hat isn't repelling water like it used to. It holds it off for a bit before it eventually soaks into the leather leaving a mark - until it thoroughly dries out. I've bought some Nikwax Waterproofing Wax Cream after looking through this forum. Can't find any...
  14. BikerBear

Hello everyone, looking forward to learning and sharing!

My name is Harry, I live in Gloucestershire and I have always been passionate about the great outdoors. Over the years I have been given pieces of kit by my father for roughing it outside. Although I have realised - there is no need to 'rough it'! I can see how people can have a really...
  15. bhofmann

Maps for walking - what type and where to buy?

Hi all I'd like to buy a map that'll help me know where I am and where to go when walking. The little I know tells me I need an OS map. I'm looking for maps that have landmarks and altitude contours (is that the correct term?) to indicate hills and valleys. Where is the best place to get...