Sussex Group Meet for December: Christmas Dinner cooked on the Fire! Dec 17th/18th

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
i'll be there as long as peter can make it (otherwise i'd have a long walk). looking forward to it :D

1 Neumo
2 Lamper (95% Confirmed - Just need to ask SWMBO)
3 Simon H
4 Wildbill (probably +1)
5 tjroots

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Hey guys, I've got a metal dustbin I use for charcoal burning, if you think it would be useful for the turkey. It's got some holes drilled in the bottom, but should still do what you need. I can drop it off on Saturday morning, but can't stick around as I've been booked elsewhere on Sat. If someone can hang on to it or drop it off to Horley at some point you're welcome to borrow it.

Neumo

Jul 16, 2009
West Sussex
I've got a metal dustbin I use for charcoal burning, if you think it would be useful for the turkey

That would be great &m I can drop it off one night, as I work in Horsham part of the week, if you do not want to wait until the next meet.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Hmm, that's a bit out of your way mate. Don't mind waiting as I can't see me finding the time to do a burn any time soon. Hopefully be able to make the Jan meet. Even more so if there's a bit of snow. Really fancy a camp out in the snow, a first for everything.

veryWildbill

Nomad
Aug 15, 2010
west sussex
1 Neumo
3 Simon H
4 Dropped out
5 tjroots

Sorry guys I'm haveing to pull out of this one. I'm just recovering from a nasty chest infection, and my wife is threatening all sorts of not nice things if I go out playing in the nast cold damp woods.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I hope it's still on, I'm having a tooth out Friday morning and am looking forward to this as the antidote to having the dentist's knee on my chin!The attendance is looking a bit thin though.....

Hugo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Think I'll come along to keep you boys company.
Not sure if I'll be there on the Friday afternoon as usual though.

1 Neumo
3 Simon H
4 Dropped out
5 tjroots
6 Hugo

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
Is there any chance of everyone bringing some dry wood along so as we can get fire going, I'll bring a bit that I have in my garage.
@ TJ Roots, where do you live, regarding getting a lift there and back.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
Yeah i'll bring some too Hugo. Popped in there to look for your hat the other day but didn''t see anything mate, was getting dark though. I'll have a proper look with you this weekend.

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
You guys still want my metal dust bin for the meal? I can drop it off sat morning if anyone is going to be around.
Jack mate it looks to me that there is not enough people for a turkey dinner, I count there is Four of us. Neumo, simon Lamper and myself, TJ Roots has mentioned somewhere that if PeterT is not going then it is a long walk, Peter is not going so four people.
It seems that Neumo has not been on the forum since the 28 of last month, quite a long time has passed, he might be ill like last time.

So guys I'm still coming early Saturday morning with a little dry wood to get things going, I'll be eating the usual bacon sarnies and bangers, yum yum.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
have fun chaps, wish i could be there, but ive just too much running around to do this weekend.

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
I've been over there twice today and no one is there yet. We didn't have a confirmed booking either, the Fire Brigade have got D1E this time which Dave provisionally booked for us but according to John there he didn't confirm so they gave it away.John said to use on A9 11 behind the Chapel this time. I'll be going over in the morning now as a meet on my own in this weather will be a bit boring!

Hugo

Nov 29, 2009
Lost in the woods
I've been over there twice today and no one is there yet. We didn't have a confirmed booking either, the Fire Brigade have got D1E this time which Dave provisionally booked for us but according to John there he didn't confirm so they gave it away.John said to use on A9 11 behind the Chapel this time. I'll be going over in the morning now as a meet on my own in this weather will be a bit boring!

Do you mean A9 behind the chapel, I cant find A9 11.
See you there tomorrow morning.

Neil1

Oct 4, 2003
Sittingbourne, Kent
I'll see you guys in the morning - I'll have all the usual kit - so a good cook-up should'nt be a problem (and I have a couple more lanterns!).
N

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE