Beech Bowl & Spoons.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nic.

Forager
Mar 21, 2011
Mid Wales
Great lines, can you explain what it is for, are the two spoons part of it? they fit so well they look like they must be. Salad bowl and servers? Competitive soup eating?

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Blimey, I never expected such a response.

Many thanks to you all for the kind replies.

Nic - I guess salad, cous cous, bouled tatties... I had no specifics in mind other than they go together & also function in their own right. Mmmm soup contest haha.

A memer requested so pictures showing the underside of the spoons...

Beech_Bowl_Spoons_05.jpg

Beech_Bowl_Spoons_06.jpg

Beech_Bowl_Spoons_07.jpg

Beech_Bowl_Spoons_08.jpg

Thanks again.

Hedgehog

Nomad
Jun 10, 2005
East Sussex
Thank you gents, beech does take a lovely finish 'off the knife' & adzes are alot of fun.

Well now Hedgehog, did you cook them in salt water, preventing them cracking?

Kind regards,
Theo

Well that sounds interesting but I didn't. They were seasoned slowly in a cool indoor place for a few months then at home for a couple more - perhaps I was lucky.

robin wood

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 29, 2007
derbyshire
www.robin-wood.co.uk
Well that sounds interesting but I didn't. They were seasoned slowly in a cool indoor place for a few months then at home for a couple more - perhaps I was lucky.
No luck involved, it's down to how the bowl is cut out of the log, this form of conversion is very stress free and unlikely to split however fast you dry them.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE