National Bushcraft SAS

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
having seen the resurgent interest in "scouting Skills" amongst the Scout Association and media I was wondering if there were a chance of a National Scout Active support for Bushcraft ( or whatever is deemed the correct term) being set up along the lines of the National climbing Fellowship Scafell. :)

even if just a loose confederation of Scouters and helpers that are sometimes available to help out at events , kind of like a National skillsbase to keep supporting the local Scouters in the maintenance of passing on traditional skills.

Or maybe I have been thinking too hard again ? or spending time with SimonM is having its effect ;)

feel free to comment :D

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
I was simply expanding on your idea's ;) you have started running something similar at County Level and I think it is something that could be expanded to National level with a bit of support ?

you can relax , I'm not asking you to do anything ..................................... at the moment ;)

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
I would be interested in hearing more, my main reservation is does not end up being S-Inactive-S which I guess is not that likely here .... but if I was to be a member of many more SAS units the membership card will need an extension!

Tetley

Apr 21, 2008
Bremetannacum Vetenorum
It is only the germ of an idea at the moment , having heard about the Bushcraft base at Gilwell 24 and other efforts by Scouters across the country to introduce Bushcraft into their programmes I thought I would see what interest there was amongst the members of this forum and Escouts ( I know there is a fair amount of crossover)

Even if a formal structure to it is not feasible I hope to get some sort of framework in place to co-ordinate efforts amongst those eager people that love passing on their hard learned skills to others :)

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
im not a scout member but if local ish to me would be willing to help out, or if further a field and i could get a lift that would be fine too...

of course a CRB etc would have to be obtained, and im always working so maybe not all that often, oh and then the Op Tours of course, but still willing to help out...:)

let me know if it all takes off gents.

regards.

chris...

Mack_ire

Lads, and lassies,
Over here in Ireland we have the Scouting fellowship much like your own, a group of people come together with the same interest ie Landrover fellowship and Jamboree are the only two that I can think of within Scouting UK.

So now the whole idea of what a fellowship is about there is International ones set up as well, The one I'm going to bore you all with is one called MPSE (Most Primitive Scouting Experience). there is at least two groups the Dutch MPSE.nl and the Irish. I know that time is just as precious in the UK as over here in Ireland with Family, work, scouting and backwoods/bushcraft. most of the site/forums are in Dutch but it may give you a helping hand with the fellowship path.

More info: http://www.youtube.com/user/MPSEtapes
and http://www.mpse.nl

Regards, John Mack
Irish MPSE facebook link
https://www.facebook.com/group.php?gid=112926112076589

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE