Storm Dodging Scouts...and Cubs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Sorry about that Mark...had one almighty downpour saturday morning (see pic above) but after 20 mins it passed over, and we had sunshine with clear skies at night. Will pm you when I decide on a date in Nov. Didn't think you'd want to come to this one, not quite backwoods...

No problem mate, i was over at the Woodfair this weekend anyway, glad it stayed dry for you though - git;)

spartacus

Forager
Sep 10, 2010
Bulgaria
Well done, as a former Scout/Venture Scout leader I know the effort and work that goes in to such things. You have a thriving group and the kids will remember these days forever. Good on you and your team.

PeterH

Settler
Oct 29, 2007
Milton Keynes
Are your Scouts co-ed?
Scouting has been optionally CoEd in UK for about 20 years and compulsory CoEd (unless the group can come up with a really good reason and convince everyone in the management chain to agree) for I think 4 years. There actually is no requirement to sleep the sexes separately only to have separate toilet, washing and changing but many do not mix them for sleeping.

At Explorer age mixed larger groups might well be better than small groups that are "supposed" to not be mixed when it come to tents, if you see what I mean :rolleyes:

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
nice to see kids getting hands on and dirty learning new skills.

Need to start digging deep to find "new" skills for them to start learning...Time for a new post...go to BUSHCRAFT CHATTER to find out more...

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE