Storm Dodging Scouts...and Cubs

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
40+ youngsters and a new spot for camping. Only a mile down the track from the scout hut, by the stream and nestled in a small valley. A rather pretty spot with stacks of room for the scouts to run riot...

First things first, set up camp and hoist the standard (I've lost count of the years I've had this, and she's a little battle worn)...

DSCF1680-1.jpg

Evening draws in...and all's quiet...

DSCF1679.jpg

The Good Dr discussing the merits of grinding coffee

DSCF1677.jpg

Saturday morning brought in an interesting front...

DSCF1741-1.jpg

But life goes on, and lunch had to be prepared...Muntjak on the menu this evening...

DSCF1682-1.jpg

A lesson on preparing the hide from Stovie jr

DSCF1690.jpg

Appears to be a little more fat on the Muntjak

DSCF1684-1.jpg

On the spit...roasted slowly for 6hrs...and basted with 3 litres of oil...

DSCF1685-1.jpg

While dinner cooked the scouts played...

DSCF1692.jpg

River crossing...took some nerve this one, it's a good 20ft from the river and about 50ft crossing...

DSCF1708.jpg

Landies are so versatile...

DSCF1704.jpg

As always my daughter shows off...

DSCF1735.jpg

A great weekend, and managed to get the tents away dry just before a downpour on sunday evening...

Winter backwoods next...coming soon in November/December

DSCF1753.jpg

santaman2000

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jan 15, 2011
Florida
Depends what you mean by Co-Ed...They sleep in seperate tents, but yes we are a mixed sex group, as are most in the UK...

Currently 33 scouts, 30 cubs and 25 beavers...not bad for a small village...

Not bad at all!

RonW

Native
Nov 29, 2010
Dalarna Sweden
These kids are way ahead of me!! Skinning an animal, roasting it and preparing the hide....

I agree with the others; this is what scouts are supposed to be doing...

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Superb stuff Stovie, all that rain that you missed?, well we got it over at Ringmer, threw it down a couple of times during the day over there

mark wood

Forager
Jul 25, 2004
Newcastle
Great stuff goodjob. We had our Scouts away for a survival weekend a couple of weeks ago. I'll see if I can rustle up some pictures.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Superb stuff Stovie, all that rain that you missed?, well we got it over at Ringmer, threw it down a couple of times during the day over there

Sorry about that Mark...had one almighty downpour saturday morning (see pic above) but after 20 mins it passed over, and we had sunshine with clear skies at night. Will pm you when I decide on a date in Nov. Didn't think you'd want to come to this one, not quite backwoods...

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Thanks for all the kind comments everyone...as always, teamwork and great fun... couldn't do it without the scouts though...wouldn't have the motivation.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE