Arrived This Morning!!! (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
Still can't stop grinning!!!! :D and the biggest bonus was that my postie brought it while the missus was out!!!!!! :D

Pffff, wish that could happen to me. Emma thinks that Stu is the most generous man in the World sending me all of these free samples :rolleyes:

Xunil

Settler
Jan 21, 2006
North East UK
www.bladesmith.co.uk
That's a seriously nicely executed knife.

Are they pins or bolts (professional curiosity ;) ) ?

I've not yet handled a Deval bushcrafter but my curiosity is becoming well and truly piqued.

:)

I wish you long years of faithful service from your new knife, and thanks for the glimpse into your grin-factor :)

Tiley

Life Member
Oct 19, 2006
Gloucestershire
Well, Stu has been very busy: I received mine this morning! It's got black linen micarta slabs and red liners and is faultlessly finished. In the few moments I've had with it, it feels really natural in the hand in any of the grips that I might normally use. I am just about to go and feather up a bit of hazel I've set aside for the purpose but I just know that this is one tool that will get used and used and used!

Stu M has been utterly brilliant to deal with. The regular updates and photos have been really interesting and highly informative to see. His admission that something was amiss on the first slabs he put on the blade was both refreshingly honest and indicative of the perfectionism he practises. A lesser maker might well have made do and let it go; Stu stripped them off and replaced them, saying that it was not a mistake he was going to make again. He has been helpful, patient, thoughtful and enthusiastic throughout - all things that are quietly present in the masterpiece he has made for me.

I have no association with Stu - I am just another utterly, utterly delighted customer.

stuart m

Nomad
May 18, 2006
Sheffield
www.stuartmitchellknives.com
Well, Stu has been very busy: I received mine this morning! It's got black linen micarta slabs and red liners and is faultlessly finished. In the few moments I've had with it, it feels really natural in the hand in any of the grips that I might normally use. I am just about to go and feather up a bit of hazel I've set aside for the purpose but I just know that this is one tool that will get used and used and used!

Stu M has been utterly brilliant to deal with. The regular updates and photos have been really interesting and highly informative to see. His admission that something was amiss on the first slabs he put on the blade was both refreshingly honest and indicative of the perfectionism he practises. A lesser maker might well have made do and let it go; Stu stripped them off and replaced them, saying that it was not a mistake he was going to make again. He has been helpful, patient, thoughtful and enthusiastic throughout - all things that are quietly present in the masterpiece he has made for me.

I have no association with Stu - I am just another utterly, utterly delighted customer.
I was pretty disappointed stripping those scales, they were perfectly fine until my own oversight messed things up, but, if vindication was needed, that post is it, thank you! Stu.

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK

We need pictures.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE