Urban escape tents

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

snozz

Dec 9, 2009
Otley
We've got a Vango Juno Teepee 8 man (for 4 of us) and I highly recomment it. To answer your question, how many will be sleeping in it? Is it for camping from a car or backpacking? Do you want to stand up in it? Do you need a porch area / somewhere to store bikes etc

ged

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 16, 2009
In the woods if possible.
...should I go for a tunnel tent or a dome?

It depends. :)

Other things being equal I prefer a dome with cross-over poles. They're very quick to pitch, they can stand up with no guys, and you can even move them around after they're pitched. A tunnel can have less room at the feet than you might think; if the outer sags onto your sleeping bag you can wake up with wet feet. I have a Vango tunnel tent so I speak from experience (Equinox 330 I think, can't check now as it's 1,000 miles away). Having said that other things ar NOT equal and I do like the lovely living area of the tunnel tent. So if I'm not going to be alone, and weight isn't an issue, it's one of my first choices.

TFan

Tenderfoot
Nov 3, 2010
Buckinghamshire
I have the 4-man Urban Escape Nantai. I have nothing to compare it against but I think it's a great tent. It stood up to the strong winds in the New Forest over the last bank holiday weekend with no problem. It pitches quickly and easily once you've done it a few times. It has a sealed sleeping compartment that keeps out the bugs (very important to swmbo) and has a rising groundsheet in the living area meaning no leaks. I'd say they're extremely good value.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE