Dutch Oven Apple Crumble

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Just used my Birthday prezzy dutch oven, 12 inch Ronnie Sunshines, on the BBQ after the main meal.

Used a recipe from the Woody Woodruffe book (Cooking the Dutch Oven way). Very tasty. Will double up the crumble mix next time and needed more charcoal on top. My Google app said 16 on top for 350 degs and 8 below, the book said less than half that amount.

Can't believe how clean the inside was afterwards. Very tasty though.:cool:

Nick

PS It's definitely NOT mince and tatties !

IMAG0726.jpg

IMAG0727.jpg

IMAG0724.jpg

Last edited:

ex-member Raikey

Sep 4, 2010
i expected a piccy!!

hahaha good skills mate,...i thoink a lot of folks are out bbqing tonite.,..

Scots_Charles_River

Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Did this again on Monday night.

Used this fire bowl/patio heater. It pumped out too much heat with softwood logs and slighlty overcooked the crumble !. Although the crumble tasted like Brandy Snaps, cream on top helped. You can see how well the fire bowl works by the very fine ash in less than an hr.

SU1BRzA4MzUuanBn.jpg

SU1BRzA4MzQuanBn.jpg

Nova & Pinky

Settler
Jan 13, 2011
Mitcham, South London (Surrey)
Oooh nice.
I attempted a rhubarb crumble on the last Sussex meet and came to the same conclusion that the top wasn't hot enough (I also had too much liquid in the fruit so it stayed soggy).
I have a small grill that fits into the base of my DO, and made the crumble in a billy can lid which sat on the grill.

TJRoots

Nomad
Jul 16, 2009
East sussex
Oooh nice.
I attempted a rhubarb crumble on the last Sussex meet and came to the same conclusion that the top wasn't hot enough (I also had too much liquid in the fruit so it stayed soggy).
I have a small grill that fits into the base of my DO, and made the crumble in a billy can lid which sat on the grill.

still tasted awesome!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE