N.E Scotland 2nd meetup

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Chance

Nomad
May 10, 2006
Aberdeenshire
This sounds like fun. Are we talking about sweet or savoury bannocks? Do we plan on judging this haute cuisine challenge!

If they're to be sweet, think carefully before adding cocoa powder.

DSCF2951.JPG

Looking forward to the post-weekend feedback - have a great one! We'll be looking for the smoke from Cairngorm.

Dingus Magee

Loitering within tent
Nov 22, 2008
Darkest Aberdeenshire
Thanks dingus mate its a shame you cant make it to this one,

Hey your guitar playing is good and it kept us entertained last time. Now my banjo playing LOL

Hey...that is good of you to say that CBJ...thought you'd be packin' a banjo this time, so I'd been practicin' the chords for "Dueling Banjos" ;) Have to be another time though, mate :)

Belated Happy B'day to Chaz, and hope y'all have a great time!

A'ra best!

DM ;)

P.S. Hey Chance....loved the cocoa powder bannock! Like a jobbie on a stick...could ha'e some fun with that lmao ;)

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Morning folks only today left. :):):) .

Panda: I know I should keep silent about that, As much as I like Georges style I tend to stick to learning Scruggs material. Tho if you ever want to see sombody who can clawhammer pick very fast and precise " Stringbean" is the one to watch.

Osprey: a big thanks for lending us your dutch oven it is much appreciated, I hope you can still make it.

Chance:thanks mate lol that pic reminds me of a certain game :rolleyes: , you have a good weekend aswell.

Dingus: with the kitchen sink in the back of the car there is no banjo shaped space left . I need to practise more before I can torture an audience lol

Ironside: if you read this could you send me a Pm back please mate ( Just need to find out what time your arriving)

I will be on here most of the day so if anybody needs anything give me a shout.

atb
craig

Last edited:

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
hehehe I am not the only one to have kit all over the place then,

I slacked off a bit yesterday and was playing in the field with the atlatls I have made up so my packing is getting finished now.

Still I now have made the prize for the bannock off - a hand made CBJ atlatl ( onlyone in existance) with the components to make your own dart including flights, knock,field point, glue and a bit of sandpaper.

Hows that then???

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Sort of packed- most stuff thrown into wooden box and holdall. Will get a chance to reorganise everything this pm and evening. For me the packing and re-packing is almost as much fun as the trip itself!! Hoping to bring the telescope too if I have room!

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
I meant to say I will be bringing a big Jack with a tap to use as washing water for hands/ face etc and lesson learned from last time loads of liquids. Lol I think the van is going to be packed

kiltedpict

Native
Feb 25, 2007
Banchory
Well, almost ready to load the car withn the non- perishables. Forecast looks good so no Laavu this time (but happy to take if folks want to see it /use it). As always, I will probably have too much but well well, nothing new there!
Not 100% sure my mate will make it, but I emailed him directions and he will do his best to get free.

Look forward to meeting friends old and new tomorrow and over the course of a great weekend.

KP

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
mmm dag namit I know the boot of the car is bigger than this :banghead:

I'm thinking the other way, Son and I seem to have got all we can think of into a 65 and a 35 litre pack (excluding water and seats)(ooh and also excluding crisps and choccie bars) we must have missed something.
For firewood is there enough dead standing wood for all or should I pick up a bag or two of logs ?.

Looking forward to the NE meet,

Calurix

Sounds like you're going to have a great weekend, shame I can't make it but maybe next time!
Some of you know me, I ran an axe course for some of you last year and thought I should sign-up to BCUK. I suppose I should introduce myself properly in the introductions section?
Anyway enjoy yourselves and be carefull with those axes!!

CBJ

Native
Jan 28, 2009
Aberdeenshire
Caulrix: its entirly up to yourself mate but I reckon there is enough around to keep us going for the weekend.

Lolly : Hi Lawrence mate welcome to B.C.U.K, it is a shame you couldnt make it to this one.

Yep I will check the thread before I leave in the morning.

See you all there :):):)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE