Woods 18 & 19th April - V Pic heavy

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Kepis

Bushcrafter through and through
Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Just spent a couple of amazing days up the woods with the two boys, loads of laughs and mickey taking - just as it should be

Our set up, all three of us in hammocks for a change, the boys normally stay in my Hex3, but this time - something a little different.

DSCF1451.jpg

the camp

DSCF1452.jpg

eldest sorting his stuff out

DSCF1462.jpg

yep i think he likes it, youngest in his hammock

DSCF1465.jpg

we caught the woods just right, the Bluebells are incredible again this year

DSCF1473.jpg

DSCF1474.jpg

DSCF1480.jpg

DSCF1481.jpg

we spent most of the first day just mucking around and basically having far too much fun, before we knew it it was time to get dinner on, first make some garlic bannock, im told by the two boys that this is one of the best ive ever made - high praise indeed

DSCF1509.jpg

Main course, proper butchers bangers, fried onions, carrots and rice, all washed down with copious amounts of tea

DSCF1525.jpg

Chef

DSCF1529.jpg

The way it disappeared it must have been ok

DSCF1534.jpg

after dinner a walk round the woods was in order to get some more pics of the bluebells in the late evening sunshine

DSCF1537.jpg

few shots of the area in the evening light

DSCF1541.jpg

DSCF1558.jpg

DSCF1559.jpg

then back to camp and what eldest calls "Natures TV"

DSCF1562.jpg

DSCF1574.jpg

I grabbed a couple of light sticks from my pack and chaos ensued

DSCF1581.jpg

DSCF1591.jpg

then a chill out for the rest of the evening around the fire

DSCF1626.jpg

onto this morning and time for some brekkers, bannock and bacon, we made the bannock in the bag as we take dry ingredients and add water tot he mix as required, so we can either bread or if we mix it really wet, pancakes, but today it was bread

DSCF1650.jpg

DSCF1657.jpg

pretty good too it was

DSCF1658.jpg

we mucked around again for a bit after brekkers and generally just took it easy,

DSCF1670.jpg

before we knew it it was lunch time, so some veg and spuds were buried in the remains of the fire

DSCF1671.jpg

boys tucking in

DSCF1678.jpg

then this afternoon a tidy up of the camp, put the remains of the fire and tidy the pit up,

DSCF1683.jpg

before packign everything away and leaving the site like we hadnt been there

DSCF1685.jpg

superb couple of days away, made a nice change just to go up there to chill out rather than with projects in mind as we normally do.

Calurix

Need to contact Admin...
Mar 12, 2010
Moray, Scotland
Looks like a great two days Kepis,

looks like the three of you had a great time. Good to see the trees with so much green on them.

ATB
Calurix

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Great stuff as usual.

Is it just me but the boys seem to be growing at a hell of a rate.

nope, it's not you, eldest is just getting beefy now and youngest is shooting up like a bean pole, it's scary tbh:yikes::yikes::yikes:

GordonM

Settler
Nov 11, 2008
Virginia, USA
Wow! A very happy camp indeed. I enjoy your beautiful pictures and looking in on your very special family time. Thanks for letting us look!

Gordy

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
cheers people, it was a lot of fun, the boys are already planning our next tripout (Friday) for a 6-8 mile walk, should be fun

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
cool stuff kepis...you'll have to come and play with me and my scouts at some time...i don't suppose you're far away...pm me if you fancy a couple of nights out on one of our jaunts...and I don't make offers like this lightly...

Kepis

Jul 17, 2005
Sussex
Good pics and looks like a good spot, is that your local spot ? i see you have a fire pit of sorts

Jason

These are our regular woods, im lucky to have the use of them and an understanding landowner who allows fires & sharps

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE