Bushcraft dentistry?!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bigbeewee

Dec 18, 2010
worldwide
The Oxford Handbook of Accident and Emergency has a single page of dental stuff

4 issues covering roughly a paragraph each.

At the end of each paragraph is simply says....

REFER TO DENTIST :)

I fly blokes out of the middle of nowhere regularly with dental pain.

Best bet is
1. prevention rather than cure
2. Don't smash your teeth out

If you are expeditioning dental check ups are essential, I get my teeth looked at and chipped and scraped every time I'm home, I've had jobs that require dental Xrays annually (A bit over the top, but its for ID purposes as well)

Top tip is, if you are going into the field for a prolonged period and need prior dental treatment, plan to have it done well in advance, I have loads of guys who have had root canal done the week before getting on a plane who then go on to develop nasty absesses as the root canal has gone wonky.

When you are in the **** end of nowhere local dentists are unlikely to "regain"/repair your root canal, they'll just whip out the offending fang

Over the counterwise medication, Co-codamol and Ibuprofen used as directed on the packets and a hot water bottle help, clove oil is of some use, but ultimately Get to a dentist

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE