ethics of game shooting

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
We can agree to disagree - but I hope we do agree that those who are "not caught" or "not prosecuted" are innocent? I believe that is the fundamental cornerstone of the law - innocent until proven guilty. I really do have a problem with the notion of "oh he's guilty we just can't prove it" - that way other crimes lie - as seen in the West Midlands for a while. Rotten apples in every barrel, but I wont tar all by saying "its a common and accepted practice"

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Just on that point alone. The Scottish Government enquiry into the value of Wildlife Tourism on the Scottish economy every year is net £65 million to Scotland's economy and creates the equivalent of 2,760 full time jobs

Thats just to watch them.

Thats an income - nothing to do with a habitat investment

We can agree to disagree - but I hope we do agree that those who are "not caught" or "not prosecuted" are innocent?

We can't. I know of guilty people who have walked or not been prosecuted for a variety of, mainly administrative, reasons. Normally because it saves court time. Just ask some victims of offences who have sat in court and watched their attacker plead guilty to a lesser charge for the sake of saving the money on a trial. Ask them if they are innocent of the crime committed because the court has said so.

I do however hope we can both respect each others experience.

Cheers Red

Thats an income - nothing to do with a habitat investment

It has a lot to do with habitat investment mainly because in Scotland legislation such as Nature Conservation (Scotland) Act 2004, the Scottish Planning Policy and the Scottish Forest Strategy are all designed to ensure the development of habitat in Scotland much of who's funding comes via the tourist money.

It's one thing we do quite well up here.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE