12th 13th of feb Loch Etive

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I did a lo of walking and climbing around that area years ago , a great location for a weekend away .

This is the best time of year to be up there , no people no midgies and still some snow on the tops .

Craig..............

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
i will be heading up lunch time on Friday from Balloch and returning on Sunday, looking forward to playing in the canoe on a new loch, weather permitting, any of the lads that are going up this weekend and havent had a play in an open canadian canoe in go faster green are more than welcome to have a wee play.

P.S If you are going Tam, i will bring that pfd along.

Colin

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
i will be heading up lunch time on Friday from Balloch and returning on Sunday, looking forward to playing in the canoe on a new loch, weather permitting, any of the lads that are going up this weekend and havent had a play in an open canadian canoe in go faster green are more than welcome to have a wee play.

P.S If you are going Tam, i will bring that pfd along.

Colin

Thanks Col.

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
Gaz, do you have a specific bit of Loch Etive in mind for basecamp HQ, I have memory map on the computer so i can have a closer look at the bay you have in mind. I was planning on heading up Friday lunchtime so any info you have on the plan would be helpful.

P.S Thats assuming you have a plan mate.

Colin

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Will we get a list up then of who is all going (Gonna try and attempt to remember everybodies name before we go cos it's not gonna happen when we're there I have the memory of a sieve lol!!

Scott (Jinsin456)
Gaz (Gsfgaz)
Colin (Colin18)
Tam (Barn Owl)
Jason (Jag009)

bojit

Native
Aug 7, 2010
Edinburgh
I should be up around tea time on saturday.

Scott (Jinsin456)
Gaz (Gsfgaz)
Colin (Colin18)
Tam (Barn Owl)
Jason (Jag009)
Craig (bojit)

Craig................

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
i will be taking jason up with me on friday afternoon, so will try and find a nice bay for us to pitch up on and i will pm my phone number to everyone on the list so they can find the camp site when ever they arrive at Etive.

Colin

coln18

Native
Aug 10, 2009
Loch Lomond, Scotland
thanks for that Gaz, thats the way i will head on Friday then, i'll put the kettle on for you when you arrive, on second thoughts, i will order manservant to do it.

col

gsfgaz

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jul 19, 2009
Hamilton... scotland
Nae probs mate , big Tam will probably the first mate , i will try ti get some bags of logs , the more wood the better ..

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
i'm out im afraid, hope yi all have a belter & al hopefully make the next wan.

well done gaz fur organizin at short notice, gutted i canny make it, al keep an eye our fur pics tho.

cheers

gaz!

Jinsin456

Settler
Nov 14, 2010
Maybole, Scotland
Where exactly will we be setting up base camp? There's a couple of munroes that look quite tempting towards the top (North East) of the loch if we're going there, if I can get myself up early enough on Saturday lol

Doc

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 29, 2003
Perthshire
Can't make this one myself, but enjoy. It's a cracking place:

DSCF0958.jpg

DSCF0938.jpg
[/IMG]

DSCF0914.jpg

Culloch

Forager
Jun 22, 2008
Australia
Aw man! I'm sorely tempted but it would mean leaving the Boss Lady alone over Valentines weekend and I prefer to keep mine in the wee bag they came in!
Have to see if I can bag it somehow!
Any idea what the fishin is like, species, bait etc?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE