German Army Mountain Pack

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon
Wayland, as you can see from the link to the thread with Hoodoo's advice I am quite keen on the pack aswell. Good price, good build quality and good size. It looks the part too. I use mine more than any other pack.

I may add a couple of modifications here and there but that is part of the fun when you like tinkering with your kit. In fact it was so inexpensive that I ordered a second one just for spare parts and materials.

I can live with the buckles issue, it's not a major problem, just a bit fiddly.

Aaaaw c'mon Wayland! As a complete duffer when it comes to craftsmanship, I follow your posts and website for inspiration as to what can be achieved. That pack is just gagging for some leather and buckles, leather mounted external attachment points and definitely some leather chord and, say, an antler stopper for the compression/ drawstring?

Get to it man! :D

Wayland

Hárbarðr
4982.gif
Yes I probably will tinker as time goes on, but If I'm going to invest a lot of time on it I may wait until I get a supergrade one from somewhere.

Wayland

Hárbarðr
Just had a re-pack and I can get my Hammock, underblanket and quilt set up into it and still have room for my hobo and food.
hammock.gif

I'd always thought of the hammock as being a bit more bulky, probably because I normally only use it at meets, so I'm quite surprised to find I can fit it into a small pack like this.

MrEd

Life Member
Feb 18, 2010
Surrey/Sussex
www.thetimechamber.co.uk
I knew i had a photo of this pack somewhere, its a great pack.

I think its about time i got it back off from the guy i lent it to for a trip lol

DSC_2709.jpg

This and my Swedish pack are my favourite bags, perfect for overnighters or day long walks. Very hardwearing and strong. I have been using mine for nearly 2 years now and it has not suffered any damage at all, it jsut gets more and more worn in looking like a good pair of jeans :)

Its not waterproof but the materail is quite thick so its quite good at shedding even surprisingly heavy rain.

If you havent got one, get one. It isnt anything special in terms of looks but it isnt bad, but for function, simplicity, size and hard wearing-ness it cant be faulted

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
I've been carrying that pack every day to work for 6 years or so. It has hauled a ton of books and other stuff. Very rugged pack.

germanpack1b.jpg

wedgie

Tenderfoot
Jun 30, 2008
gods own county of yorkshire
i had one of thease years ago as my snap bag when i worked on the building sites. it had all ally clips but finnaly died when one of the brickies dipped it into a barrel of unibond and it went rather stiff.
absolutely brill pack hard wearing it took some right hammer.

Trev

Nomad
Mar 4, 2010
Northwich Cheshire
Q2- Do you guys think I can transform it to fit into a bycicle rack like so:
http://www.amazon.com/Delta-Post-Po...sporting-goods&ie=UTF8&qid=1292284018&sr=1-13

The French do a similar pack , but waterproof and possibly lighter . Not to sure it will be as hard wearing but might be more suitable as a pannier .
No connection , just got one because they are better/CHEAPER than modern daysacks for carrying nappies/bottles/snacks etc with room for important stuff too .
Cheers , Trev .
PS THIS ONE

littlebiglane

Native
May 30, 2007
Nr Dartmoor, Devon

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE