Into the wild and Far north on Ch4 tonight

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
Just a heads up.
As the title says, Into the wild, the story of guy doing a walkabout and ending up tragically (as usual the book is better). Far north is a bit of an odd story but great scenery.

SMOKOE

Forager
Mar 9, 2007
Stoke-on-Trent, Staffs
This is really uncanny,
i've just watched Into The Wild for the first time this afternoon on a dvd i bought a few weeks ago. A very moving film, I won't say any more so as not to spoil it for folks,
Must get the book.

Last edited:

Highbinder

Jul 11, 2010
Under a tree
I saw it not too long ago. Could not believe the end tho OMG! My pal has the book so I might borrow it, I assume it is good too - it tends to be that the original take of something is better than the remake, especially when they transpose medium (book to film)

I watched this last night and since watching it iv ordered it on blu ray. excellent however i was reading a bit about him and the natives in alaska have criticised both him and the movie for heading off into the wild without the proper knowledge and equipment. what is everyone elses thoughts on this?

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I watched Far north on film 4 a while ago thought it was kinda weird and i couldnt make out when it was meant to have been set or where as parts of it didnt make sense to me.

rik_uk3

Banned
Jun 10, 2006
south wales
The guy could have had mental health issues or have just chosen to ignore help and advice; shame he died but I thought he was a bit of a knob to be honest.

pastymuncher

Nomad
Apr 21, 2010
The U.K Desert
You really need to read the book, as it explains his motives a bit more. The author of the book wrote it because of his original article in a magazine saying the same thing i.e what an idiot for going into the wild unprepared.

seb.h

Nov 28, 2010
Mid Wales
i watched into the wild with my girlfriend, when it finished I thought 'that was nice, unfortunate but nice'. 10 minutes later I got angry about the fact that your made to feel sorry for this fool who gallivants off "into the wild" with no prior knowledge and very little previsions and the inevitable happens. looking back though it's incredibly well made and gives you a real connection with all the characters not just the main chap.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE