BG New Stuff Vids..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

wizard

Nomad
Jan 13, 2006
USA
I hope the cheap Parang is better than the BG knife. I just read a bunch of reviews on Amazon for the knife and it seems to not be well made. In fact, it breaks easily and is made in China. The knife is not at all something I would like, carry or use. The parang looks like a decent chopper for a cheap price though. I still plan to get one of the parangs, even if it ends up in the garage.

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
Well about the BG parang, I don't really see it on my hand. Traditional parangs, kukris and other tools like that have so much history and a big amount of knowledge is put into the forge of one.

For example, these tools (the tradional ones) don't have full tang. Why? Because it sucks on this type of tool. You want to cut something big? Go 4 it but if you use 3 parangs all equal except the tang (one would be full tang, other stick tang and the other a partial tang) you would see that the stick tang and the partial tang parangs would deal great with shock absorving while cuting a tree or something else and without breaking the handle. Other thing is the selective quenching that makes a big difference how a knife reacts to everything.

Common let's face it, the asians used those tools for centuries like that and it never failed why change it? And they use it for everything (building houses, in the kitchen, skinning animals, open new roads, even digging holes in the ground).

JonathanD

Ophiological Genius
Sep 3, 2004
Stourton,UK
The new knife is getting very bad reviews across the board. It seems to be cheap and not at all full tang, with the pommel falling off due to it only being held in to the end of the thin plastic handle with two small protruding pins.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE