Tarp Repairs?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
HELP! Hi Guys n Gals, I need your help please.:confused:
At Middlewood a lovely branch decided it had had enough hanging on to its tree and let go to fall, no problem, but my tarp was under it.
Result was a lovely fist size hole in my Tatonka TC Tarp 4.:yikes:
Waylander has pointed me in the direction of Tanascious (spelling?) tape. But I thought I would throw the idea out to you knowing folk on the best way to repair the damage.
I know I could patch it and perhaps use a wetsuit sealant with this, but anyone done this before with good results?
Ideas please.

lannyman8

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 18, 2009
Dark side of the Moon
try the search function as this was up not long ago, it may have been in the kit chatter thread........

regards.

chris...........................................................

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Cheers lannyman8, I did, but found no results.
I thought it may have been discussed previously but could not find it on a search, if someone can pull the thread up it would be appreciated.

sapper1

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 3, 2008
swansea
I'd sew it and seam seal it.It worked when I had burn holes in a poly tarp,I darned the holes first to ensure the tarp stayed the same shape without any puckering and then sealed one side,waited until it was dry and then sealed the other side.No leaks and no weakness in the material.

In Wood

Nomad
Oct 15, 2006
Leyland, Lancashire.
Cheers sapper1
I am thinking of patching it, I am a wizz on the sewing machine so thought this would work well.
Perhaps patch the underside then seal the outer or even patch both sides and seam seal them.
I was just asking for ideas if anyone had acctually done this with a TC tarp, before I set about it.
I will see what is on the thread tomorrow and then have a go over the weekend.
But thanks for the replies so far and in advance of any more.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE