who carrys a hip flask and whats your tipple (pics would be nice)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

ex-member Raikey

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 4, 2010
hahahah

funny,..i bet you look like a mobile blood bank,,,,

platypus's are a little medical lookin to fill with red,,,,,,or white wine come to that,,,,!!!

johnnytheboy

Native
Aug 21, 2007
Falkirk
jokesblogspot.blogspot.com
I have a wee Pewter Charles Rennie Mackintosh hip flask, filled with Legandario 7 sweet cuba rum I bought on holiday, which is running very low and i need more!!!!

has a wee dent in it from god knows where, will need to take it to work and get the dent out!!!

good wee tipple for a hip flask is a rusty nail, half drambuie half whisky, sipped round the fire it really is fantastic

hipflask.jpg

Last edited:

The Big Lebowski

Aug 11, 2010
Sunny Wales!
I use one of these, in a leather pouch of course...usually filled with Jura
IMG_0382%5B1%5D

Simon

Oooo, thats nice! do they come together as a pair? (edit, yup they do :) )

Mines just a large brown leather covered stainless, and i'm really getting into rum lately! lidls do some captain cook's rum, £8.50 a bottle and its really nice for sipping :)

Only downside to a hip-flask is its just never quite enough! a 0.6L sigg should fit the bill!

Regards, TBL

Last edited:

Chrisj

Nomad
Oct 14, 2009
Gwynedd
I carry one with meths in it. /QUOTE]

Is that for really hardcore drinkers? LOL

I just have a cheap stainless Jack Daniel's one. I normally fill it with Penderyn welsh whiskey, Danzy Jones or Southern Comfort

Mike_B

Tenderfoot
Dec 21, 2009
Perth, Scotland
00422.jpg

A Dalvey Classic - like this. With Jamiesons, Monkey Shoulder or Talisker.

It has a certain sentimental value otherwise I'd not bother with it - the neck fell out a few years ago and Dalvey just weren't interested in sorting it. A spot of DIY fixed it.

00662_0.jpg

I've also got a few of their folding Pocket Cups - each and every one of which has had the base come off, and again Dalvey weren't interested in fixing them. They were only just out of warranty. The most recent one I was given as a present had to go back as it leaked and wasn't properly assembled.

They look nice though.

Mike.

shaggystu

Nov 10, 2003
Derbyshire
this is mine, battered and bruised as it is. it's made of pewter, i got it for my 21st. in fact, it's all i got for my 21st, both parents and my brother all managed to forget all about it, i'm not bitter. don't know how much the flask holds but it's plenty for a night round the fire. empty at the moment but usually contains something irish, jamesons or bushmills, somethinglike that.

21odes0.jpg

2rvzvw5.jpg

cheers

stuart

Left Turn

Dec 14, 2009
US (northern california)
When I carry one it is this one which my father probably bought when he was in England ('42 - '43).
flask-th.jpg

Empty right now (and in need of polishing) but last occupant was Laphroaig, if my nose does not lie.

Rabbitsmacker

Settler
Nov 23, 2008
Kings Lynn
just a cheapo stainless one for me, but my tipple varies with available funds! always a bourbon, i like my american-ish whiskey, scotch is a bit rich for me. though i like grouse. fav's are 'makers mark', 'gentleman jack' 'bullet', and el cheapo for just sloshing back like jim beam black or white, and 'golden sun' which is a lidl/aldi special.

Rohan

Oct 13, 2010
Edinburgh
I've got 2 hip flasks - a wee one for taking out shooting and a bigger one for out in the woods when carrying a loaded weapon is not as much of a concern! I've got a nice bottle of Laphroig on at the moment. Sometimes take out what's called 'Hunter's mix' (according to my dad so it must be right) which is half whisky, half cherry brandy which definitely warms the cockles!

Acorn62

Tenderfoot
Jan 13, 2009
Oxfordshire
P1000997.JPG

I have a traditional hip flask with a celtic knotwork shield on it which my sons bought for me. And within there is a decent sample of last year's damson gin. Oh yeah and a 3 litre bladder of last year's cider for the basecamp........

Last edited:

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE