Cheap Trangia alternative

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
If you just need a cheap Trangia type stove, Argos Extra are doing a Hi Gear "clone" for £7.99 with a wire pan support in a little nylon bag (see pic).

stove5qu.jpg
:biggthump

Cheap as chips if you already have a billy & stuff

Danceswithhelicopters

Sep 7, 2004
Scotland
That will not like wind! Invest in some tinfoil to make a surround and use a paper punch to put air holes on one side. Still cheap as feck though. Is it a genuine trangia burner? The printing on the lid looks exactly like a proper one.

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
Danceswithhelicopters said:
That will not like wind! Invest in some tinfoil to make a surround and use a paper punch to put air holes on one side. Still cheap as feck though. Is it a genuine trangia burner? The printing on the lid looks exactly like a proper one.

I don't think it's genuine Trangia but put them side by side and they are Identical. I doo think a foil windshield will be in order and there aren't any pots, it's just the cooker.

Cheers for the compliment Shinobi, when you're on my wage, cheap finds are a neccessity not an option lol :eek:):

woodrat

Forager
Dec 31, 2004
Oregon U.S.A.
theres a surplus store over here selling military surplus trangia's for 5.00$ u.s.I just got mine 2 days ago and its unissued brand spanking new. if anyones interested in there web add, p.m. me for info.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE