foraging bag inspiration

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

jackcbr

Native
Sep 25, 2008
Gatwick, UK
www.pickleimages.co.uk
Now I'm not known for coming up with good or original ideas, however I think I've finally had one. I'm off on a foraging course in a couple of weeks and thought what can I use for a foraging bag. Having been left with household duties by SWMBO, I thought whilst doing the delicates, laundry net bag! Which got me thinking, if I came up with that, what have the more creative and experienced come up with for the everyday items for bushcraft.

So what's your wombling moments of genius.

ol smokey

Oct 16, 2006
Scotland
These laundry bags are great for all sorts of things, Keeping birch bark (tinder) to let it dry out. Storing all the computer and camera cables that you accumulate, A similar idea is using old film canisters from 35mm camera films. they are great for collecting resin from wounds in conifer trees, carrying tea bags and sugar, coffee etc, plus spices to pep up your meals, they are not so easy to obtain now that things have gone digital. If you cut the bottom off of used toothpaste tubes and wash them out they are good for carrying jam as long as you fold over the bottom of the tube and clamp it shut with a strong bulldog or similar clip.
Pill containers of various sizes are also useful for keeping all sorts of small items separate in your rucksack or diddy bag

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE