Mycological Meanderings (pic heavy)

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Went for a walk in our local woodland (south warwickshire) this lunchtime - I'm not the greatest mushroom-spotter but I was pleased at the number of varieties we found.

It's remarkable what you can find in just one smallish area once you start looking!

I'm not confident enough to collect any for the pot yet, but a mushroom guidebook is on my xmas list.

(Not looking for IDs on these as I didn't get enough pics of stems / undersides - just thought I'd share the pics) :)

ms19.jpg

ms01s.jpg

ms02g.jpg

ms03.jpg

ms04.jpg

ms06.jpg

ms07.jpg

ms08.jpg

ms09.jpg

ms10x.jpg

ms11.jpg

ms12u.jpg

ms13f.jpg

ms14.jpg

ms15.jpg

ms16.jpg

ms17.jpg

ms18.jpg

mattweasel

Tenderfoot
Jul 7, 2010
hertfordshire england
I've seen many of these in the woods, but I'm also not confident enough to put them in a pot. Great variety of pics, I like the red and white one second from bottom (to look at not to eat).

bushcraftbob

Settler
Jun 1, 2007
Oxfordshire
Cracking pics, could only really identify a couple myself, i think the purple colour one is amethyst deceiver, the sixth one down a brown rollrim(?) and of course the fly agaric, think i might join you there in a mushroom id book from santa this yr...oh and the top one might be an earthball?

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Cracking pics, could only really identify a couple myself, i think the purple colour one is amethyst deceiver, the sixth one down a brown rollrim(?) and of course the fly agaric, think i might join you there in a mushroom id book from santa this yr...oh and the top one might be an earthball?

Yes, I believe the purple ones are most likely amethyst deceivers - I recall a few people collecting them for breakfast at one of the Rough Close meets.

The fly agaric is the "classic" toadstool - in fact my daughter asked whether that's where the faeries live* 'cos she's seen it in her nursery rhyme books!

(*Given that it's hallucinogenic that might well be the case!) ;)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE