Hi all

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Was a fantastic experience definitely reccomended. Woodlore are still running the course, I don't think Ray still teaches it, Lars is excellent though and a legend in his own life time.

To keep costs down I got a £3.99 Ryan air flight to Stockholm and took the sleeper train to Kiruna (about £80) . Hundreds of pounds cheaper than flying to Kiruna.

Scoops

arctic hobo

Native
Oct 7, 2004
Devon *sigh*
www.dyrhaug.co.uk
Brilliant! I must take some time to visit the more foresty bits of the arctic, looks fantastic. I was wondering what time of year was it? the snow was not particularly deep and there seemed to be a lot of light :?:
:biggthump

scoops_uk

Nomad
Feb 6, 2005
Jurassic Coast
Cheers for all the nice photo comments :eek:):

The artic ones were taken in March, the snow should have been deeper but it was a bit on the warm side when we were there (not that that stopped my boots freezing!) Lightwise it was pretty good March there seemed similar to mid January here.

The camino photos were in June/July. Me and the Mrs were doing 200 miles of the Northern coastal Route. Highly recommended to avoid the hoards of pilgrims on the french route. For all but the last 2 days we had the place almost to ourselves.

Hope you like the two french army poncho's being used for a tarp, they were seriously heavy duty and only took the addition of a few brass eyelets to get them pitching in various whacky ways...

http://www.skeels.net/Camino Norte 2004/slides/DSC_0125.html

http://www.skeels.net/Camino Norte 2004/slides/DSC_0141.html

Green Spain and particularly Asturias / Cantabria and Galicia are seriously recommended as places to visit, very like a perfect UK summer with stunning vegetation. We got there with a £19 Jet2 flight to barcelona and an overnight train (£60 for our own compartment with shower) to Leon.

You can pretty much camp where you like (leave no trace to keep things this way) when farmers passed by we asked but to quote one woman with six cows when asked for permission "Go ahead, we don't much bother about that sort of thing round here" Another farmer dragged us off to his house and plied us with coffee, beer and brandy whilst he told us about his adventures in the Franco years!

Scoops

nomade

Need to contact Admin...
Sep 8, 2004
Sutton (Surrey, UK)
Thanks for the pix, Scoops! Yes Lars Falt is probably one of the best in the world and a survival instructor with the Swedish army.

I didn't realize how very low the temperatures got though...

I am sure this a landmark in your bushcraft experience.

An expedition I would like to do as soon as I have an opportunity!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE