Guides to flora in Spain

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Jul 19, 2010
Exeter
Hi Forum. :)
I am wondering if anyone can help me? I am looking for a small and decent book which I can take hiking with me in Spain and will help me identify edible plants along the way. Unfortunately I only seem to be able to find books on English plants. I am sure there are many plants native to England that grow over there, but I would rather not carry something which has a load of stuff which I am unlikely to encounter. The Colins Gems Food for Free looks quite good and small but it is specifically for English plants. Would anyone recommend this book or would I be better off getting another?

Phil

Jul 19, 2010
Exeter
Thanks Bushwhacker, seems like a nice website with a ton of useful info but nothing on plants unfortunately, although there is a news article on truffles. :)

Bush_Man

Tenderfoot
Jun 25, 2010
Portugal
If you can read spanish, the army manual from spain army is very good and it has pictures of the plants. It's divided on edibles and non edibles. and you can find it on the web...

Jul 19, 2010
Exeter
Hmmm unfortunately not. :( Do you think a decent book on UK plants will be ok in Spain too? Surely a lot of what grows here grows there too right?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE