A few pics of the areas I do my stuff in..

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

solvista

Jun 16, 2010
Spain, Alicante
IMG_0038a.jpg

9.jpg

IMG_0041.jpg

IMG_0029.jpg

ElCid.jpg

...and one that shows the innequality of going out into the mountains with my girlfriend...:)

bergen001.jpg

Kerne

Maker
Dec 16, 2007
Gloucestershire
¡Estupendo! Voy a la universidad de Alicante más tarde este verano y, quizás, pueda visitar esta zona.

(Just practising as I'm off to this region in late august!)

solvista

Jun 16, 2010
Spain, Alicante
¡Estupendo! Voy a la universidad de Alicante más tarde este verano y, quizás, pueda visitar esta zona.

(Just practising as I'm off to this region in late august!)

Brilliant. You'll love the region's mountains and a the unspoilt areas that can still be found here. What are you going to be studying? Castellano I would presume?

solvista

Jun 16, 2010
Spain, Alicante
Yes. It's a week's summer school with the Open University. Can't wait!

You may find our Alicantino accent difficult to deal with, but luckily there's not much VAlenciano spoken in Alicante itself so at least the language is one you know.

Best of luck mate. Let me know how you enjoy it.

solvista

Jun 16, 2010
Spain, Alicante
Glad you liked the pics. Here are a few more. These areas are about 25-45 mins inland from Benidorm, believe that or not.

14.jpg

19.jpg

IMG_0462.jpg

IMG_0477.jpg

And finally, who needs a DD hammock, when you have a bedsheet and a couple of bits of nylon rope.

IMG_0068.jpg

locum76

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Oct 9, 2005
Kirkliston
My mother in Law had a place in Pego in that area. It's lovely but a bit dry for me. I like my trees.

solvista

Jun 16, 2010
Spain, Alicante
My mother in Law had a place in Pego in that area. It's lovely but a bit dry for me. I like my trees.

Its fairly dramatic scenery at times, but like you say, its dry, I also love temperate woodland, but I can camp out here with only a mozzy net to disturb my view of the stars. Most of the time my tarp is at the bottom of my bergen, and stays there, instead of at the top being the first item you need.

Another positive (and negative), we don't have many problems finding tinder, though lighting fires in these areas is subject to c.3,000euro fines regardless of your camp craft expertise and safety awarness levels. So I just take a campingaz stove, not as satisfying to cook on, but cheaper than 3 grand.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE