That Chap Evading the Authorities in Northumberland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
They also have the added issue of not knowing his objective, in military term people on the run will genrally have a an identifiyable goal weather it be a border, installation, main road, embassy or even just clearings if it were for extraction, but this guy is out to hurt /kill anyone(he says, all though probably just to cause confusion) how do you try to predict/pattern the movements to try and give yourself a start point when the objective could be anyone.

Retired Member southey

Jun 4, 2006
your house!
you should play the red light game, simple to do and a good giggle, big area, one red tourch at one end thats visible fom the other end three hunters at the light, everyone else has to make it to the light, only hunters allowed to stand up, first one to light wins, all played in the dark without torches, great fun, just have a cut off tim else someone will kitten crawl all night.

Last edited:

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Well aparently he was a tree surgeon so he probably has some experience in the outdoors. He also appears to be heading north back to his hometown however I would think this may be to supply himself in an area he knows and he has contacts, and by now if he's smart he would be at the other end of the UK.

His "home town" is Newcastle:confused:

Rothbury is a good bit north of "home".

Firebringer

Jun 5, 2009
Scotland
You've got to wonder how long the police will be able or willing to dedicate the current level of resources to the hunt absent any intervening incidents to keep things at the boil and the news folks interested. The cops are likely I'd have thought to have a pretty short time window for that level of resource deployment.

Hunker down in a hole in the ground with modest amount of supplies and wait them out. If he lies low I would imagine they will be cutting the current deployment back in at most a week to ten days. Especially since the inevitable false sightings etc are going to start drawing them off.

That's assuming he's anywhere even remotely near the area.

British Red

Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
It's a line from a Smith's song.

No, it isn't

If you are referring to "This Charming Man"...the line is "pantry boy" not "country boy"

So back to the original question... (unless an ability to listen to the lyrics was actually required of the original poster )

marcusleftthesite

On a new journey
Sep 28, 2006
No, it isn't

If you are referring to "This Charming Man"...the line is "pantry boy" not "country boy"

So back to the original question... (unless an ability to listen to the lyrics was actually required of the original poster )

Ha ha,there you go I always thought it was 'country boy,I've been wrong fo a few years then :)

wingstoo

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
May 12, 2005
South Marches
You've got to wonder how long the police will be able or willing to dedicate the current level of resources to the hunt absent any intervening incidents to keep things at the boil and the news folks interested. The cops are likely I'd have thought to have a pretty short time window for that level of resource deployment.

It's costing £500,000 a day (reportedly) for this manhunt, helicopters don't come cheap, nor does that amount of vehicular activity, and of course man hours, overtime hours, danger money etc etc.

How long can we afford this? ask the tax man.

Wings

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
I don't know quite how to post this and may recieve a bit of backlash ( fair enough ) but I find this thread a little distasteful , If Derrick Bird had gone to ground before popping himself would we be having a thread on that and the supposed M.O and his imagined abilities , interest and exactly what was going to happen and when?...

I dont get also making light of the whole situation , when is the body count level low enough that you can make comments about that border humour.

Maybe me , and no I don't have to read this thread , just thought it needed saying.

Last edited:
May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
It'll not be too long before the Police start to look at all people who use and enjoy the outdoors as suspicious and deviant.

Andy

Lol, I refer you to my previous post :)

BTW from what I saw from the goings on behind the reporters on our local news, the road block cops were checking and searching vehicles going into Rothbury but not out?!? It could be that his kid/s are in foster care and in Rothbury? just a thought.

Kev.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE