That Chap Evading the Authorities in Northumberland

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

J4C3

Forager
Apr 11, 2010
Derbyshire
Not military trained at all IMHO.
I think the first letter was a plant as was the second and tent etc,the guys that got busted did it,meanwhile he is out the UK.

I think the letters were given before and they were told when to hand them over,the guys got found near the tent and car,i think they layed all the stuff out and got caught on the way back.

the chippy robbery kind of ruins my theory tho

Aristotle

Forager
Jan 13, 2010
NW England
More likely to be Bear Grylls/Ray Mears TV trained like most other people.
Trying to find one man who may or may not be there must be difficult.

It is always a possibility that he's a member on here.....

May 14, 2006
Consett County Durham
Loverly fish cakes from that shop tho (although the chips are a bit dry :) ).

I personally wouldn't want to be out at my usual camp at the mo tho (its right on the Derwentside/Northumberland border) and would half expect to find meself covered in little red laser dots half way thru my dinner EEK! And I just don't carry that much bog roll :)

Kev

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
A Walter Mitty in my opinion. Evading is not that hard, there are tons of guides on the net and not to mention a ton of videos too.

The sooner the scrote gets a 9mm to the knees the better.

woof

Apr 12, 2008
lincolnshire
I hope he's not a bushcrafter. He is a violent bully, that does'nt seem to want to meet people on even terms. Great idea, knee cap him, then we can look after him for the rest of his life, and the system will allow him to sue the police for shooting him.

Rob

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
That guy's a dead man walking, they will shoot him, thats probably why they have come out and said he is gonna harm the public, and good job too save us all a lot of money. Great bit of man hunting practice for the police.

gregorach

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 15, 2005
Edinburgh
That guy's a dead man walking, they will shoot him, thats probably why they have come out and said he is gonna harm the public, and good job too save us all a lot of money. Great bit of man hunting practice for the police.

This is appalling. I may not be the world's greatest fan of the police, but I have more respect for them than that. You're suggesting that they have abandoned all of the principles they are supposed to protect. Whether you think this is a good thing or not is beside the point - this is an intolerable smear, and I believe that virtually all police officers would be as appalled as I am. They are not running death squads.

Ray Britton

Nomad
Jun 2, 2010
Bristol
Hi Korvin

I am interested in your comment on evading not being hard to do.

I have tried to evade folks in the past, and can say that IMHO it is very difficult.
I have not watched any videos or books on this but was trained by the military in this very technique.

Would you say it is easy to evade: Dogs (attack/guard and sniffer), Night vision goggle equipped searchers, Thermal image viewer equipped searchers' helicopter observers (again with spotlights and thermal sights), ground trackers, who are of course out in numbers. Not to mention you will need to sleep at some point so will not be mobile. There are of course many other detection systems for finding folks, but they are probably not in the public domain for police use.

I will admit that the police are not the best at this technique, but still would not think the task was easy.

From my own experience I used various techniques to slip in and out of what was then East Germany a few times, but that was because MOST of the guards were not bothered about looking for me.

I feel the need to point out that if there are actually loads of books and videos on evading, then there are books on tracking too!

andybysea

Oct 15, 2008
South east Scotland.
I live just over the border from Northumberland and i dont know if this is coincidence or not but ive just had a Apache gunship fly over my house heading south(state of the art detection equipment etc) maybe just coincidence but only ever seen Tornados and euro fighters here before.

Gavmar

Life Member
Jan 24, 2010
Dagenham Essex
This is appalling. I may not be the world's greatest fan of the police, but I have more respect for them than that. You're suggesting that they have abandoned all of the principles they are supposed to protect. Whether you think this is a good thing or not is beside the point - this is an intolerable smear, and I believe that virtually all police officers would be as appalled as I am. They are not running death squads.

Yep that's exactly what i'm saying.

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
I live just over the border from Northumberland and i dont know if this is coincidence or not but ive just had a Apache gunship fly over my house heading south(state of the art detection equipment etc) maybe just coincidence but only ever seen Tornados and euro fighters here before.

Now that is interesting. I do wonder what their rules of engagement are? I know that they will radio is suspected postion but say the nutter is attacking police? I think the down wash would be enough of a detterant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE