skip finds!

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
D

Deleted member 7976

Great find.

There is obviously a higher quality of skip in St. Albans than around here!

Radix lecti

Native
Jan 15, 2006
Gloucester
Great find you have there m.durston. Today i past the house of an old fellow and his son a few doors from me who had a skip delivered on his drive yesterday, he was clearing his garage out.Casually passing by and saying hello i noticed a blade type thing poking out of a box, a rusty Martindale No 2,i asked him if i could have it, no problem he said i also asked him for some not so bushcrafty tools off him. Kind Gentleman .My only payment back to him was an offer a pint next time in the pub.Cheers
Darren

P.S Sorry im not hijacking your thread, i just thought this was a good place to show this stuff on.

Last edited:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
Cool score there, whats not bushcrafty about the other tools, leather punch, awl, knife makeing file, sedge collecting sythe.cool find, i like things for pints deals.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
not at all radix, i'm glad to see i'm not the only one getting some quality skip finds!
darkaz the lady whos skip it was lived in a quite affluent area of st albans where the average house price is around 750,000 pounds! so yeah you could say it was a slightly better than average skip lol

Jun 12, 2010
australia
I believe that legally anyone is entitled to take anything from a skip without asking permission??
in Australia it is technically illegal, it called 'theft by find' but the cops don't bother with it. me and my dad have been getting stuff in skips and clean up (don't know if you have it in England). I've found 4 WWII large packs, a WWII small pack, i have a large trunk abut 1m by 50cm by 50cm full of tools I've found, lots of my furniture is for clean up and they are worth hundreds of $$$ each (btw its not ikea rubbish proper furniture made of hard woods most of its antics) i know I've gone totally off topic but i thought i would put it in any way. bush craft wise I've found a mint adf issue minimi pouch and hutchee pouch, and other stuff i cant think of at the moment.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE