Advanced Explorer First Aid Course

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
You're best talking to Wayne on this as he can make sure all's well depending on what time you're arriving etc

Any problems drop me a line.

Wayne

Mod
Mod
Dec 7, 2003
West Sussex
www.forestknights.co.uk
Hi all.

Several people are planning on arriving on Thursday night. This is fine.

If you email me directly on info@forestknights.co.uk I can send you a detailed map of the area.

Please remember to bring some personal water and your first aid kits.

This will be a pretty much a non stop first aid course so make sure you have plenty of note paper etc.

My mobile is 07771540184.

I will be taking course materials to the woods throughout Thursday evening so no doubt will have a chance to meet up with the early arrivals.

I am really looking forward to this weekend. The last BCUK course was a real blast with students performing to a really high standard.

Agile

Forager
Dec 27, 2006
Bournemouth, Dorset
Excellent course.

Thanks certainly goes out to Wayne and everyone else who attended to make it both really good fun and very educational.

Fingers crossed it's a skill I never have to use....

Feb 5, 2008
Cov
My first time meeting those strange people from t'internet - great course and excellent company. How's your chest, Nigel?

Thanks, Wayne!

Bush Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2009
New Forest
Opened up the first aid kit at work today to realise I could bandage a finger with the contents but that was about it! New bits ordered for work and for me ...

Course was fantastic - instruction, company (my first bcuk event), location and value!

Hope to catch up with you all in the future, cheers, matt.

kazinnature

Jun 9, 2008
Bedfordshire
Great course and company, learnt a lot, and come away feeling much more confident in administering first aid. Thanks again to Wayne.
And to Matt for the much appreciated lift.

Fantastic course, excellent tuition, great company; thoroughly recomended! If I'd been doing this in a classroom my mind would have wandered off-topic. Wayne's style and location kept me (mostly) focused from beginning to end and kept it great fun too.

Considering some of the sobering information learnt and the grounding realisations about oneself that came from this course I'd say taking a course like this is vital to anyone spending any serious time outdoors.

Nice one Wayne!

nigeltm

Aug 8, 2008
south Wales
I can only agree with what the others have already said. Brilliant course, lovely location and very good company. I couldn't have asked for more. A big "thanks" to Wayne and all the guys who attended.

Also a couple of aplogies;

1: my snoring and coughing keeping anyone awake
2: to James for calling him a "pr*k", but then I was in character and his damn dog had just caused the crash!
3: to Joel for stepping on his hand :)

As for my chest it's not too bad. Shame I coughed up a lung at the "other" camp! DOH!

Bush Matt

Tenderfoot
Jul 29, 2009
New Forest
I know we discussed private prescriptions for antibiotics if heading on a trip. These guys offer an online service (your order is reviewed by a physician before dispatch) which is quick and simple:

https://www.doctorfox.co.uk

Added ciproflaxcin and doxycycline to the kit.

Cheers, Matt.

Broch

Life Member
Jan 18, 2009
Mid Wales
www.mont-hmg.co.uk
I know we discussed private prescriptions for antibiotics if heading on a trip. These guys offer an online service (your order is reviewed by a physician before dispatch) which is quick and simple:

https://www.doctorfox.co.uk

Added ciproflaxcin and doxycycline to the kit.

Cheers, Matt.

Matt, thanks for that. Off to see the Doc about our trip as soon as my certificate arrives! Unfortunately doctorfox doesn't supply Tinidazole (Guardia) or Co-amoxiclav (septicaemia & appendicitis) but useful source for a lot of other stuff.

Cheers,
Broch

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE