Cambridgeshire

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Nice video Wolfcrafter! :)

Trying to walk the Icknield Way that weekend so will be (hopefully!) passing by Little Abingdon on Saturday. (Taking Thursday afternoon & Friday off as well)

Accomodation will be my very unbushcrafty tent. Very interested in comparing accomodation types - weight/bulk vs. comfort/utility with you(s).

I'm bringing the last of my cigars. Determined to stoppit with the evil weed thereafter.

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
So looks like 4.5 of us then?
Just to confirm the space, sure there is a bit of wiggle room later.
As per last time if anyone does happen across some green wood (of any type) its worth holding onto for people to whittle.

Personally if anyone happens across a 6 foot 4" wide knot and branch free bit of ash id be particularly interested!

;-)

LITTLE ABINGTON BUSHCRAFT MOOT II
PROPOSED DATE:Fri Night 28th - Sat 29th - Sun 30th MAY 2010

Site Fees Per Person = £3 Day Visit / £6 Fri-Sun
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Interested:
  • Badgeringtim -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :D
  • Jimbob -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :D
  • rickyamos -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :D
  • taws6 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :D
  • WolfCrafter -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Accommodation = Tarp/Hammock :cool:
Possibly Interested:
  • Eel28 :rolleyes:
  • WhittlerKev :rolleyes:
Cant Make It This Time:

Welcome to The Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire Thread, If you're thinking about delving into bushcraft with us, why not take a peek at our introductory YouTube Video and Blog Photos page..
YouTube Video Introduction of Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire
WolfCrafter Blog Photos of March 2010 Meet

Last edited:

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
I will be there all weekend Fri, Sat and Sunday in my Tarp and hammock. Wolfcrafter is there any chance you can bring some of that very thin para cord with you so I can do that hammock mozzy net mod to tie up the net? will swap para cord for C95 DPM long sleeved shirt if your interested!:D

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Looks a lot like the DD hammocks so you should be okay. Its a bit cheaper on price as the travel DD is £48, At the price I would give it a go. Don't forget a sleeping mat to keep warm.

Last edited:

Whittler Kev

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Mar 8, 2009
March, UK
bushcraftinfo.blogspot.com
Just wonderd... anyone going to the BMF do's?
If you do look out for the RoadRiders club stand. Pop on and say hello if you want a free cuppa (bring a drinking vessel)

BMF stands for the British Motorcyclist Federation.
It may be they're last show at Peterborough, the September one is at Lincoln Showground
Have a look here to see who's going to be entertaining us for free

http://www.bmf.co.uk/Events/pages/bm...content_id=733

Been for best part of 15 years now. A massive carboot with bikes thrown in and music, stunts, etc. and of course loads & loads of beer- obviously sharps will be kept away.
The others will probably say you mean Big Kev
You won't mistake me. All welcome
May even have a few camp over tickets going cheap

BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Interested:
  • Badgeringtim -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • Jimbob -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
  • rickyamos -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • taws6 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :confused:
  • WolfCrafter -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
Possibly Interested:
  • Eel28 :rolleyes:
Cant Make It This Time:

Welcome to The Bushcrafters Of Cambridgeshire Thread, If you're thinking about delving into bushcraft with us, why not take a peek at our introductory YouTube Video and Blog Photos page..

eel28

Settler
Aug 27, 2009
Bedfordshire
[/B][/SIZE]
BUSHCRAFTER MEET LIST:
Interested:
  • Badgeringtim -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • Jimbob -- Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
  • rickyamos -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • taws6 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun??? Accommodation = ??? :confused:
  • WolfCrafter -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tarp/Hammock :hammock:
  • Eel28 -- Fri-Overnight-Sat-Overnight-Sun -- Tent :camping:
Possibly Interested:
Cant Make It This Time:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------[/QUOTE]

Cheers for the typo on the date Kev! :eek:

Ill have a look Ricky and see if I can find some thin stuff for the mod!.. (a step in the loft moment) :dunno:

I recon the weathers mild enough now for hammock sleeping with just a thermarest, so you guys should be a bit more comfy now!

That Green Hornet looks great Tim. Good price for a built in fly hammock! Iv not seen one in action yet, even though there were about 15 at Rough Close the last meet.. all DD's!! Everyone seems to be going in the hammock direction at the moment so it will be good to have a look at a different one!.. still not seen a Hennessy yet either!!

Anyone got any new toys to see/play with?.. iv been very lazy on the Bush front the past month.. now the suns out iv been doing DIY (driveway laying thousands of cobbles!)

Got a project to start with two cast iron oven doors!! The bonus was they were free!! We had a new range cooker sent at christmas but one of the doors was chipped. A man came and fitted the new one, so I kept the chipped one he never took away.. then two weeks later (probably due to a computer order error) another one arrived in the post.. so now I have two cast iron oven doors!.. Hmmm?? What to do??

Some pics are below of one of them, they are both identical..

Grill Plate for an Open Fire or a base for a raised fire off the ground!!??
I was thinking of hinging the two together to make one large piece (they have a half inch lip all the way round) Put 4 screw on legs, create a wind shield around three sides that hinge out of the unit, with a grill that attaches to the wind shield.. (a bit like a mini bar-b-q that all folds up and stores inside the two halves of the doors for compact transportation!) .. the handles are plastic so they will be coming off!

Anyone got any views on my idea on what to do with them? or a better idea maybe I havnt thought of!!??

Attachments

• 100_0781.JPG
    100_0781.JPG
    92.8 KB · Views: 112
  • 100_0782.JPG
    100_0782.JPG
    85.2 KB · Views: 116
Last edited:

GearGuru

Forager
Jun 7, 2006
Market Deeping
This date is a bit too close for comfort- No.2 child due on the 11th June - so need to be on stand by

Cheers to Wolfcrafter for giving me a shout

Hope you have a good onegoodjob

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Been thinking about the last trip and I'm going to take more dry rations this time, just like Tim. My wife Gill surggested that I take a big pot of Chilli with me, freeze it and bring it in my cool box, for a group feed. If you are all okay with that. Gill also said that if I bring the chilli it would be a good idea if everyone bring somthing along? anyway just a thought:)

rickyamos

Settler
Feb 6, 2010
Peterborough
Tim just to let you know, I have got hold of a 1lt camp kettle after you surggested that a bigger kettle was needed for group meets after we were boiling the small kettle multipule times to get a group brew in order. I also got hold of a small kitchen utensil holder after I saw your small hobo stove for making a quick brew. I will be trying it out at the meet.:D

badgeringtim

Nomad
May 26, 2008
cambridge
Looks like we are all getting a bit organized!
Big kettle seems a great idea - been keeping my eye out at car boots but nothing yet so that will be welcome.
Chilli seems good idea - although can i be a big girls blouse and say i dont like it very hot.....

Im happy to do a bacon and sos breakfast or a more proper stew?

I may well not be down on the friday night - but we all know what we are about now so as long as someone can help Wolf if he brings the big tarp again we should be sorted.

As an aside, been looking at hammocks as mentioned above, and many come with flat rope to avoid scoring the bark of trees - something i had not considered before. So to those using hammocks can we keep an eye on this since i know most of us would have smaller more bushy lightweight kit and accidentally ringbarking the trees would be something of a foe-par (you know what i mean).

My main aim for the weekend will be whittling something i don't then split in half, and more friction firelighting, as well as testing out the hammock if i can get it by then!

:)

R.Lewis

Aug 23, 2009
Cambs
May well be interested in coming along. Would be bringing SWMBO and rug rat though so in proper tent! Work saturdays so would be a late arrival sat evening.... Where is lt Abington? We're in St ives.

Hey Big Kev, Pretty sure we've met several times. The Roadriders is a give away. I got best rat at your rally years ago!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE