red kite

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
hi all, well it has finally happened! my mate at work has finally bagged a photo of one of a solitary pair of red kites (well his missus did lol) that frequent the st albans area.
the cheeky bugger is carrying a fish and was apparently snacking on it in mid flight.
kiteeasthyde028b.jpg

nuggets

Native
Jan 31, 2010
england
any rings or tags on it ??? i saw a couple of them over a sand quarry at ryton - gateshead - part of the captive release program a couple of years ago - fantastic sight !!!

wattsy

Native
Dec 10, 2009
Lincoln
they're absolutely incredible to watch as well i lived in powys last year and we'd see them nearly every day. if you ever get the chance to go to the feeding centre in rhayader you should go nothing quite like seeing 200 of them all at once

m.durston

Jun 15, 2005
st albans
well we have spotted the pair flying over the fields between redbourn village and st albans, this shot was taken over a place called east hyde just outside of harpenden.
my mate emailed the photo to the herts bird club and they have put it on their front page.
http://www.hnhs.org/birds/

Rich^uk

Feb 4, 2010
England
Went to Wales last easter and we had a few of them around. only got a few good shots as i was too busy chatting with friends instead of taking some photos :X

redkite.jpg

Tony

White bear (Admin)
Admin
Apr 16, 2003
Wales
www.bushcraftuk.com
Good stuff, we have loads of them and Buzzards around here, when we had the snow we were watching them 6 feet away sitting on the ground and the washing machine we had sitting out the back at the time, beautiful to watch.

hertsboy

Forager
May 16, 2009
Watford, Hertfordshire
I was out walking near Chesham in the Chilterns on Tuesday... there were six of the beauties flying around and perching in a little copse. Wish I'd had a camera with me.

And to think I had to sign the Official Secrets Act in 1974 because I was working on a nature reserve in mid Wales where they were nesting.

Now common as muck round our way..... and thank God for that.

I doubt if the buzzards are happy about it thought - I've noticed quite a decline in the number of buzzards I seem

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
That is an excellent picture, we always see these beautifull birds when we go to Loch Ken canoeing.

Andyre

Forager
Apr 20, 2007
Abingdon, Oxon
stunning photo, we have loads of these beautiful birds around here, still trying to get some decent shots of them.
Last weekend myself and Toadflax saw one take a mouse in the field next to the farm track we were driving up, where was my camera? In the boot of the car, next time maybe!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE