Does any of your kit have 'mojo'?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Zodiak

Settler
Mar 6, 2006
Kent UK
58 pattern water bottle, it has been with me for years, and I have taken it to work everyday for the last 10 years, ever since they replaced the drinking water tap with a big blue plastic bottle and "chiller"

I was absolutely gutted when I got back from a trip last summer and realized that I had lost the plastic cup that goes with it. :(

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Seva 123. I loved it the day I bought it. I've had it since about 1969 and it has never failed to do anything but work flawlessly. Plus, its a shiny, brass, work of art. I have never took it out of my bag that someone didn't want to pick it up and admire it.

Hoodoo

Nov 17, 2003
Michigan, USA
The Atwood Sharktooth makes a great talisman. :)

sharktoothwrap2b.jpg

Siberianfury

Native
Jan 1, 1970
mendip hills, somerset
My BSA Cadet .177, it belonged to my Granfather, my father and now me, its was made in 1947 and can still knock rats and pigeons down with ease.
i have a BSA lightning with all the kit, but the Cadet has such a good feel to it.

Chinkapin

Settler
Jan 5, 2009
Kansas USA
Ah, the BSA Cadet, drool, slobber, drool. I thought I was going to inherit one from my wife's uncle, but someone else in the family got it. Curse, stamp foot, cry, wail, moan.

They are not unheard of here in the U.S. but essentially are as rare as chicken lips.

It was in 218 bee caliber, and looked like new. Ironically the guy that got it turned right around and sold it, before I knew about it. Cry all over again.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
my clipper with dougster leather sheath, my leather bound hip flask from g4ghb and my firesteel by the same man........all very sentimental! :)

Septic

Jan 2, 2008
Gnosall, staffs
My msr whisper light petrol stove definatly has mojo
people are always amazed by it. its been round euope with me andstill works a treat:)

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have an old SAK that was a freebie from a company called BUCHER that make alpine lawnmowers. Got it bout 20 years back and it's still going strong.
My Gransfors mini hatchet is one of my fave bits of kit and goes all over with me. But of all my kit it has to be my bison bushcraft knife. After winning a BG bushcrafter at a meet I sold it for help for heroes. The chap I sold it to didn't use it so I asked to buy it back and he agreed as long as I donated the money to H4H.. I did and as well as getting it back H4H got a couple of decent donations to boot. It's here with me in Canada now ...... Happy days

Wallenstein

Settler
Feb 14, 2008
Warwickshire, UK
Trangia for me... got it for DofE as a teenager almost 20 yrs ago and has been used to cook all over the place. Still in great nick and has never let me down. :)

Grooveski

Native
Aug 9, 2005
Glasgow
Wierd things.

-The clips and prussick loops that I use to tie stuff down in the canoe and up in the hammock. Retired gear from the rack - real sentimental value.
-Yon black paramo fleece/jacket. Don't think it's left my back in five years or so, it's getting to be like a security blanket.
-Bardsters leather water bottle. Have got so used to it bumping around that I'd miss it if it ever floated away(like my last water bottle did).

I've older and more personal things that I'd hate to lose and things that I've made which are irreplacable but the ones above are the everyday "and we're off..." items.:)

Gaoler

Tenderfoot
Jun 22, 2009
Notts
My Tilley hat and my Trangia.
Both are looking their age but they still do the job they did when new.

R3XXY

Settler
Jul 24, 2009
Crewe
For me it's my little Highlander forces 33 backpack, it was one of the first things I bought when I started getting my kit together and fits me perfectly, I've since made a lot of and changes and Improvements to my inventory but I'll never let my Highlander go. It has served me very well and I've become quite attached to it.

Also my Fiskars hatchet, it's the best piece of kit I've ever bought and is amazingly versatile.
It really brought it home to me just HOW much easier it is to have the right tool for the job, after I let go of the romantic and fallacious ideal of the "survival knife" that does everything.
The more I use it the more I love it and love using it. Actually I feel like chopping something right now :D

Last edited:

Rob_Beek

Forager
Dec 19, 2009
Crewe
I've not been on it long but my pure wool tarten blanket seems to come with me everytime, it's thick and heavy though.

P

Pcwizme

For me its my Aussie leather hat, bought on the World jamboree in 2007 (in chelmsford) and worn as often as i go out for any reason other than work or cycling (i wear a helmet) its seen me thru till now and is going strong and quiet simply if i dont have it on i miss it,

Does mean i need another new rucksack as my nice new little one stands a little too high and catches the back of my hat :( still it was bought for using on the bike... ho hum

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE