Hogmanay Meet ?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

What dates will you manage to be at Wiston Lodge for Hogmanay ?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Having met your dog, and happy to truthfully report that it is exactly how a dog ought to behave :approve: I have no worries.
I'll find out though how the site view pets.

Scottisha5, Will do, it'll be £5 per person per night and if we hire the hall for one of those days then we'll split the fee among us.
I won't book it if there doesn't look like a reasonable number of us on site to split the costs.

atb,
M

stuart f

Jan 19, 2004
Hawick, Scottish Borders
Hi folks,bad news i'm afraid,looks like i will be there for this,when i say bad news its because my liver is starting too groan at the thought of all that bevy,oh i've got some Sloe gin that will need to be consumed,just for medicinal purposes you do understand :27::beerchug:

Cheers Stuart.

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
Damn, that's a shame :sigh: Here was me hoping you'd help finish off the sloe whisky I made, too :rolleyes:
:D
I'm hopefully going to book the site from the 28th to the 2nd. This doesn't mean that folks can't stay either end, just please contact Wiston Lodge directly.

What day (s) would be best for the hall though ? Mind it's £80 a day/night.

Gimme a day or so and I'll get details and a poll up.

atb,
M

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Id like to make it to a Scottish meet one day, if anyone is travelling up from the northwest or northeast, Ill happily share petrol costs. Just a shot ;)

gazmc2

Forager
Oct 5, 2008
Grantown-on-Spey
cheers barn owl,
would need to be after the nu year now as if i'm not wurking i'm out touring the family like a lot of folk at this time of year im sure.

have been reading this & other threads & looking forward to a nite out...i had a solo night at lochindorb in grantown-on-spey in october after some good advice from people on here.....have some pics but cant get them on which is a shame.

thanks again!!

woods_man

Tenderfoot
Feb 25, 2007
Clydebank
Hi, can you add your name and dates that your intending to go to
the new year meet below,
Thanks

Woods_man 28/12 - 2/01

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
:D

Okay, it's a go.
Wiston are happy with the dates, and the rate is £5 per person per night. The chute will get charged at the same rate, and if we hire the hall that's £80 per day/evening.
The site has hot and cold running water, electricity if desperately needed in the same building, and firewood is available. Free if we are prepared to provide the labour to carry the already cut logs from the felling area to our campsite.

Now I need numbers.
The dates I have are from the 28th of December to the 2nd January.
The site is available outwith those dates but you will have to book them for yourselves if you want to stay.

I'm going to add a poll.
I'm going to use the poll to give me numbers of people per day. Please multi option the days you expect to be on site, and are willing to pay for, I need to send a 20% deposit soonish, and the full price is due before we get there.

I can cover this just now, but my budget won't stretch to paying for all of it for folks. I know you're all good for it, so no worries.

cheers,
Toddy

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
It'll be good to see you there Tam :D
I'll probably only be up for a daytime visit at that early, but I'll bring up the chute and the firebowl.

cheers,
Mary

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
See how it goes :)
I'm aiming for totally stress free, chill out, enjoy the woodlands and the company. :D

I'm slowly coming to the opinion that maybe we should keep our specific skills sharing to a dedicated weekend.
Maybe late January or early February. It's pretty dreich then, a well lighted big room to sit and work in would be a good thing round about that time.

Any other ideas on this ?

cheers,
Mary

warthog1981

Native
Jun 3, 2004
Fife
I was thinking about coming along for the Wednesday 30th December 2009
Thursday 31st December 2009 Friday 1st January 2010 :)

maybe a day before and or after :)

Yeah leave the skills sharing to a dedicated weekend :)

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE