how long to cook bannock in a trangia

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Wilderbeast

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 9, 2008
Essex-Cardiff
My usual source of info is gone, it was the front page of bushcraftuk :( but it will be back soon :) . Anyway in a trangia how long should I cook back for, and does it need to be in a closed billy or just shallow fried in the lid??

spamel

Banned
Feb 15, 2005
Silkstone, Blighty!
Do you use Hoodoos' recipe? Scruff cooks his in the Trangia with the simmer ring turned right down to get as small a flame as possible. He then lets it cook for ages, until it is done basically, with a few turns now and then to get an even cooking. The addition of a lid to your pan makes it cook much better and if you regularly bushcraft with a civvy Trangia then the excellent Trangia billy can is a first rate addition to your mess kit, they are cheap and light and the lid fits over the frying pan perfectly. The whole Trangia fits neatly into the billy which has a bail arm so can be used over a fire too. If you do want one, check out www.mapandcompass.co.uk as their delivery is free on orders over 12 quid. ;)

http://www.mapandcompass.co.uk/Trangia-2-5L-Billy-Can-with-lid-P201232.aspx

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE