Return to the Dark Ages.

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Ye that was the hardest thing trying to hine modern stuff,,, room inspection at 9.50:lmao:

it was really good last time, nice and toasty warm them little huts

Warm? I was freezing!

My tip for new comers: If you can , bring animal skins, or tapestries (or old looking cloth?) to hang on the walls. You could really feel the difference in Waylands bedecked house as apposed to our bare walled one, the heat just went straight out the gaps. Though it certainly isnt as cold this time, last time we went it was snowing.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
I have the dress and pinny but I cant find the wool jumper I made. Ill keep looking but Ive no idea where its gone.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Thanks everyone for the advice.

My wife's main concern is warmth. All our blankets have been butchered for clothing so I'll have to have a dig around. I might even take a trip to Ikea as their sheepsking rugs are quite cheap.

Is there plenty of firewood on site?

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Folks

I'm planning a nice big stew again for saturday evening
mallard, pheasant,partridge & quail plus a big piece of Gammon (all fresh); slow cooked with honey, vinegar, brown sugar & chicken stock; haricot, borlotti & cannelloni beans(dried); charcoal burner, cep, honey fungus, black trumpet and chantrelle mushrooms (also dried); lentils, split peas, chickpeas,perl barly, oats and spelt wheat (whole); no onions garlic leeks etc and nut free (gluten free also maybe?).

I think they are all bona fide dark age ingredients so authenticity should be fine and ther'll be loads. can someone cook up some flat bread to go with it?

Also i will be bringing sword shield and throwing axe if anybody feels like playing silly bu***rs.

I'll be there late friday - leaving Kent at around 6:30pm so save me somewhere I can sneak in without disturbing anybody too much.

Looking forward to this

Cheers
Nick

Cobweb

Native
Aug 30, 2007
South Shropshire
We should be getting there for about 4/5ish.
I was a little worried as well that there may not be any houses available when we get there, how many of the DAS people are going? Any ideas?
(I hope there's going to be houses for all of us :) )

Just a thought, are the DAS going to be re-enacting with a script or just mucking about like we did last time?

Eric_Methven

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 20, 2005
Durham City, County Durham
I can only stay for the saturday, but will be doing a leather workshop, so if anyone wants to watch, or join in, or ask questions then there's the place to do it.
I'm also bringing some flasks, tankards, leather cups and some pouches for display, but if anyone fancies one, they are available for sale too. Maybe the DAS people will be interested.
Pity I can't stay the whole weekend, but it is one less bed to worry about.

Eric

Wayland

Hárbarðr
OK . Just spoken with Dave.

There is a lot of natural wood stacked around the Village, That is set dressing and is not for burning.

There are bags of offcut firewood in an alcove by the workshop.

As usual rubbish goes into the big blue bins round by the kitchen.

Dave should be on site till about 5.30 - 6.00 to pass on the key to the first ones there.

We're not expecting many bodies from DAS but don't worry there's plenty of accommodation.

Do not use the first two buildings on the track or the one to the left of the grubenhouse until we know if DAS are using it.

I'm hoping to be there as soon as I can, probably 7 - 8 ish.

See you all there.

Jim_aramis

Forager
Aug 28, 2005
East Cheshire
Wayland, I won't be able to make it until saturday morning now, is this OK?

I'll aim to arrive well before the museum opens. Do I need to report in to anyone or is it easy to find you?

Thanks

Toddy

Mod
Mod
Jan 21, 2005
S. Lanarkshire
I wish I weren't working :sigh: The Twiglets are going to love the place :approve:

Hopefully next time :D Take photos please folks :puppy_dog

cheers,
M

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Eric

I have a couple of spare swivel knives and a load of tools you could use if you feel like running a course - unless you have enough of your own of course

Cheers
Nick

andywinkk

Nov 12, 2007
wigan
www.garmentsdirectltd.co.uk
Hey Eric i will bring some leather and my tools also,,i quite like them flask's you make,, looking forward to it now,

Me john and linz will be there about 4 or 5 ish so we will let the one's who aint before were tney cant go,, the first two and yours with the shingles on the roof,

Whats the place called again ?,

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE