What have you made this year

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Mine are all booze related as well:

Sloe gin
Rhubarb vodka
Cider
Nettle beer (first time at this. Didn't really like it, though I concede I may have done something wrong so will give it another go)
Elderflower champagne

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
Bacon, parma style ham, cider (lots of it) enemies of CQC and a certain london borough social services...

A varied menu...

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
mmmmm always wanted to make air dried bacon hung up in muslin.........

Do you refrigerate your Stovie?

Red

Right now you're all sods and I'm insanely jealous... When my allotment kicks into overdrive next year I'll be making plenty too though.

This year has been a slow year on the making front. I've been so caught up with work I missed most of the foraging (made up for it in sloes though!).

I just managed to scrape together enough Elderberries to make a wine - ask me in a year or two how that worked out.
My girlfriend and I made a cracking (very deep) pie with some blackberries we managed to get before the local kids stole loads for their parents (the sods) and I missed the later ripening.
My main successes will all be liquid. That wine (if it works) along with the sloe wine I start in 6 days, the sloe gins and whiskeys (2 of each) I'll start around the same time and that's about it.

I'm planning some fun with the local rosehip crop but I dunno what yet.

stovie

Need to contact Admin...
Oct 12, 2005
Balcombes Copse
mmmmm always wanted to make air dried bacon hung up in muslin.........

Do you refrigerate your Stovie?

Red

Hi H
hope you are well...we will meet up at some stage on the downs, or somewhere...

I dont refrigerate, just hang in the larder. It rarely lasts so long that I have to worry about refrigeration. I also cold smoked this one as an experiment. Very tasty result..
R

British Red

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Dec 30, 2005
Mercia
Ohhh mmmm shlagy grble

(wipes drool)

Sorry

Always,, always wanted to do that. If you ever fancy posting a "how to" I'd be very grateful :)

Red

rancid badger

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
funny, everything seems to involve vinegar :rolleyes: :D

pickled onions
pickled shallots
pickled red cabbage
pickled eggs
pickled mushrooms
pickled cucumber
pickled cauliflower

(Reds) caramelised onion chutney
marrow chutney

and currently looking for other things to pickle / preserve :D

Wahh!:( all the things I love but am not allowed to play with:nutkick:

Seriously; I'd love to get into making jams, pickles preserves etc but apparently, I never tidy up the kitchen properly when I'm done.:eek:

well done all of you;)

cheers
R.B.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE