Think UK rules on knife carrying are bad?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

durulz

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 9, 2008
Elsewhere
Not so sure the rules themselves are to blame, so much as the implementation of them and the complete bell-ends who decided to stigmatise a child as a 'troublemaker'.

Peter_t

Native
Oct 13, 2007
East Sussex
i could so see that happening here lol.

i wish i went to school in norway, my mate did and every wednesday they would go out and light camp fires, identifi mushrooms, play with knives and learn the law of the land.

pete

John Fenna

Lifetime Member & Maker
Oct 7, 2006
Pembrokeshire
I carried a pocket knife with me to school every day and never had a problem.
In fact our Art teacher recommended it as it gave the best pencil points!

At Art coll my sister used a Mora for Salt Sculpting - I later nicked it off her and still have it...no sign of rust but the edge is almost as round as the spine!

I have never seen a knife fight in all my school days, though one was pulled on me when I got into a fight in the Red Light district in Brussels!:D

Kids need knives just like anyone else!

xylaria

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
My son carried his small SAK to school when he was seven. Luckly he decided to show to another boy before the first bell went. I took it off him and explained that teachers and some other children don't understand what a knife is for and he could of ended up in a stupid amount of trouble for it.

Tengu...
My apologies, I don't know WHAT I was thinking. You are, of course, absolutely right.
(Nothing against teachers there, some of the teachers I've known have had an incredibly positive impact on my life, Mr Jordan, Mrs Nuttall and my dear Mum being the real stand-out examples - it's the school system as it stands I take issue with)

Pete...
That sounds incredibly sensible - it'll NEVER happen here!

John...
Still more sensible stuff. Never happen :p

Xylaria...
A lucky escape there! To think... he might have stabbed someone! *shudder*. It's insane that you had to do that but it's a good job he took it out while you were there to see it. It's nice his SAK is so natural to him that he didn't see any problem bringing it in though.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE