Can you read this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

SimonM

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 7, 2007
East Lancashire
www.wood-sage.co.uk
Just been sent this and thought I would pass it on...

Olny srmat poelpe can raed tihs.
I cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. The rset can be a taotl mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh? yaeh and I awlyas tghuhot slpeling was ipmorantt! if you can raed tihs psas it on !!

Simon

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
Just been sent this and thought I would pass it on...

cdnuolt blveiee taht I cluod aulaclty uesdnatnrd waht I was rdanieg. The phaonmneal pweor of the hmuan mnid, aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn't mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoatnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat lttee

Simon
This is a myth, inaccurate and was debunked years ago.:rolleyes:
Your reading speed drops by as much as 10%

Nagual

Native
Jun 5, 2007
Argyll
It's also possible to only have the top halves of the mixed up words visible and read it too, only the bottom half is quite a bit difficult.

firecrest

Mar 16, 2008
uk
Doesnt matter if your reading speed does drop, you can still read it.

Mungo - how do you type upside down, are you standing on your head?!:D

Ahjno

Vice-Adminral
Admin
Aug 9, 2004
Rotterdam (NL)
www.bushcraftuk.com
That's cool.
I was quite surprised I had no trouble at all reading that, taken into mind I'm not a native speaker. Heard of it before and read a few texts in dutch - interesting non the less.

TeeDee

Nov 6, 2008
Exeter
Psychology Stuff - Clever in'it.

Derren Brown has a lot of PWA Perception stuff in his shows.

Dave Budd

Gold Trader
Staff member
Jan 8, 2006
Dartmoor (Devon)
www.davebudd.com
swmbo occasionally reads snippits from whatever book she is reading, but I know from readin over her dhoulder that she doesn't actually read every word on the page. Not a problem when reading a novel or just after the gist of a book, but for academic texts and sentences where a missing word turns the meaing inside out, then it is a real handicap.

reading the text at the top of this page was like trying to read when a bit tipsy or in low light. the words are still there and readable but it takes a fraction of a second longer to recognise it

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE