Bushmoot 2009

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

rich59

Maker
Aug 28, 2005
London
Ooh looks like I can reply to this having not been able to log in for several years ;)

The bushmoot was wonderful!! I didn't notice the rain until yesterday when I was already depressed because "It was time to go home!!!" and I apparently had an alcohol-aggravated stomach ulcer.

Thank you everyone, Tony, Mods etc for making it such a fun relaxing place to be and Mad Dave, Badger, Darsha etc for being welcoming and fun and especially Drew for providing such a relentless stream of howlers about which I will be chuckling for days to come... :)

Cobweb, your night photography course was Fantastic!!! Do it again!!! Please!!

Richard, very few people could have convinced me that making fire by hard-work could be more fun than matches, so thank you for that!! And for saying "Mmm" like a proper GP should.

Susannah, you rock for not minding your little sister tagging along.... urm... do you? ;)

:)
Mmm....

If that pain doesn't settle quickly then your GP should be able to sort you out.

Matches are so yesterday:You_Rock_ .

Cyclingrelf

Mod
Mod
Jul 15, 2005
Penzance, Cornwall
I have an attention to small things. Ill probably be hit by a truck one day looking at some interesting species of aphid on the tarmac.
That nearly happened to me when I lost my contact lens on the Huntingdon road in Cambridge ;)

Thanks for being a star about the photos. Incidentally, we happened on your photos of a wolf on a blade (paddle) - beautiful work! What a talent you've got there!

Also, thanks to:

Mad Dave for sharing a seemingly endless stream of hilarious and well-told stories

Dave Budd for allowing me to photograph the knife forging and being patient with his demonstrations

All those who offered to help me with my project, even after I bored them with details

Badger for the bombs, Heath-Robinson mobile phone amplifier and assorted musical entertainment

Sarge, Niel, Leon and JDLenton who were such good company I ended up pulling my first all-nighter in years...and then another one just for good measure ;)

Drew for being a fantastic good sport

All the people who shared their food, drink, time and talents. There is nowhere else I feel so comfortable with so many people - I miss you all already :)

Tengu

Jan 10, 2006
Wiltshire
Oh I had a fine time too.

Thanks to all who bought from me at the Bring and Buy...I needed the money when my starter broke next day...

I didnt mind the rain, it helps to test our equipment

sandsnakes

Life Member
May 22, 2006
West London
Dear Tony,

Thank you for a wonderful time. On a professional note, you have a cracking first aid team, I was VERY impressed with the way they dealt with that lads deep knife cut.

The moot gets better and bigger every year. :You_Rock_

Sandsnakes

drewdunnrespect

On a new journey
Aug 29, 2007
teesside
www.drewdunnrespect.com
bring on next year is the only thing to say cos well tony, shelly and the team have execeled themselves once again

and cheers to everyone who was in naughty corner cos it was brill and yes i cant wait for next year cheers drew

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
bring on next year is the only thing to say cos well tony, shelly and the team have execeled themselves once again

and cheers to everyone who was in naughty corner cos it was brill and yes i cant wait for next year cheers drew

Drew you obviously like being dumped out of your scratcher in the early hours of the morning!

bramble

Mar 4, 2008
Shropshire
Thanks Tony and the team for a brilliantly organised and carried out moot. Me and the Twiglets, now known as...Elderberry and Viper...,( their choice now they are getting older), had the best time ever. We all were made to feel we belonged and almost every one we met had a cheery smile and kind word. You are all very thoughtful and special people, It was just what I needed, thanks again and we look forward to the 2010 moot.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE