Carving hook: The best of 2 words?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I guess I'm about to take an offer I really can't refuse. Jakob Nylund said that "it would be no problem making a hoog knife with a Bo Helgesson blade".

how good does that sound? :D

DoctorSpoon

Need to contact Admin...
Nov 24, 2007
Peak District
www.robin-wood.co.uk
That sounds fantastic!! Helgess hooks are the best ever and I just love the work of the Nyland lads. By coincidence just this morning I came across a scandi blade handled by the other brother (is it Simon?) that I'd misplaced a while back - I found it under my son's bed :rolleyes: It really is a stunning piece of work and came with a beautiful matching sheath. Post me some pictures when it's done!
Nicola

michiel

Settler
Jun 19, 2006
Belgium - Herentals
I also got my carving axe + sloyd and hook knife from Del Stubbs. I spent a few minutes sharpening the sloyd. 1000 gri, 6000, 10000, strop. Awesome sloyd. I love it to bits. I need to roughen the handle of the hook knife. It's a bit slippery. i'll use it for a while to see if it gets better. If not I'll start sanding.

regards,

michiel

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE