Hello from Somerset !

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Hi there,

I've been looking on the website for some time now so I guess it's time to introduce myself .

I've been involved with bushcraft for a good few years now ,I only wish I had more free time to be able to practice !

I've been on several courses with Survival School and with Shadowhawk , just been sorting my kit for another course with Jonny this week !

Would be good to hear from anyone around Somerset and I hope this website continues to be as great as it is with as many people with a passion for all things "Bushy" in the future !

All the best

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
Greetings fella,I was in Sweden with Jonny last summer,a realy nice cat!
Were abouts are you in Somerset? I'm in the Exmoor National Park,not far from M/head.
You are welcome!
Chris.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
I'm in Weston-super-Mare.

But hopefully camping the week after next near Porlock ( weather dependent) I believe there is a campsite there that still allows you to have fires and dogs !!

Chris the Cat

Jan 29, 2008
Exmoor
There is mate,trying to remember the name!...
A tip ,iif you are driving,bring some wood with you,dead standing can be a bit thin on the ground around there!
Cheers.
Chris.

swotty

Apr 25, 2009
Somerset
Poole bridge farm is the name recommended by someone at work

Thanks for the tip will take some firewood with me !

Mace242 I haven't seen the post but will have a look.

Thanks Chris you're right Jonny is a "really nice cat" !

Thanks for all the welcomes

Andy

Bazzworx

Mar 5, 2009
North Wilts
Hi Swotty Welcome to the forum. Yeah try Cloud farm or Doon valley camping. Both on a river and both let you have fires/dogs. Cloud farm are a bit more expensive but have better facilities. Thay are only about a mile or 2 away from each other so you can look round both before you decide. neither take bookings though. SWMBO and I usually take the tepee down there for new year.

Regards Ben

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE