What do yerall think of this?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mrmel

Forager
Jun 23, 2008
Gloucester
That's lovely. What wood is that?
Not sure if it was a question but its most definitely the satisfaction of making something unique and practical.

ooh, nice. maybe i should do something like that with my flikblade thing. but then i couldn't carry it in my pocket without a sheath i suppose.

not that i should do that anyway, being a townie and all.

still, lovely work.

i once made a whole set of chess pieces, and i was just finishing off the black pawns, and i left them in a bag under a chair by the firepit and drunken sailors turned up in the night and thought they were kindling and burnt most of them.

was a bit annoying, still, they weren't to know.

zorro

Nomad
Jun 6, 2009
Chesterfield UK
I thought that bugger looked familiar.

DSC02250.jpg

Mik (pennillon) may be flattered you are passing off his work as your own, but I doubt it.

Will the real James Noble please reveal himself? :)

Prawnster

Jun 24, 2008
St. Helens
To be fair I don't think he states it as his work. I'm confused myself why someone would post pics of someone else's work in this way but maybe we should give him the benefit of the doubt and wait to see what he says.
Maybe he was just showing some good pictures of a work in progress and trying to start a thread about why some of us love making knives, who knows? I sure as hell don't, come on Big Mark/James Noble speak up!!!

stevesteve

Nomad
Dec 11, 2006
UK
'Tis a fair point Prawnster and well made.

Pennillon's thread is always worth a re-read so if it makes us go back to the original it has reminded us of a very readable example of the craft of knife making.

Cheers,
Steve

Draven

Native
Jul 8, 2006
Scotland
If that is the case (and I'm not saying it ain't) seems that the makers name would have been the minimum posted, but a thread would've made more sense considering that all he showed were two in-progress pics, where a completed pic would've made more sense given it's an old build. Extremely nice build, though.

Pete

brancho

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 20, 2007
Whitehaven Cumbria
Well its not his work as far as I can see I followed the thread on BB closely as it was by someone I admire and hes not called James.:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE