Dry stone wallers

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

bivvyman

Mar 29, 2009
Leeds
Do we have any budding dry stone wallers here? maybe you want to practice or get more experience !

I can offer gorgeous scenery, the area to camp & party (mildly) & be at home with nature. If you like to explore , or sit & stare, or live for a day or 2 with nature..you'd just love this.

Come & build some walls, i supply the rest...surounded by naure at its best !

Pm appreciated.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
My experience of dry stone walling is just passing the stones to someone who knows what they're doing.

I'll come and give a hand though, date depending of course ;)

demographic

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Apr 15, 2005
-------------
One of my brothers does it pretty much all the time for a living and another does it quite a lot as well as house building.

Somehow I doubt you could tempt them with the offer of red wine as payment though.

bivvyman

Mar 29, 2009
Leeds
Im offering a few days of camping enjoying the english countryside at its best, BBq if you wish & find superb walks , amist the animals & wildlife & if you shoot, come & play, If you wish to try survival..ok, its from my very large garden, i dont mind sharing it , as it took, 40 years to build & its drawn gallons of sweat from me , mentally & physically it was a challenge & i lost count how many hours a week i worked to get the initial deposit !! but....... you can come & to enjoy. I'm a sharer, not to would be selfish, & it dont come for nothing !! I can asure you will not see or appreciate the experience or eye candy anywhere else..in a life time !!

So never think, anything is FREE !!

stooboy

Settler
Apr 30, 2008
Fife, Scotland
On grand designs a couple built a "earthship" house out of old tyres packed with earth, the location was the south of france and they got free old tyres locally, but packing the tyres full of earth with brute force and a sledge hammer was about a 30min job each and they needed hundreds. The guy advertised online and surprisingly quite a few turned up to learn about the process, and in return got camping and fed for as long as they wanted.

you should post some pictures bivvyman.

bivvyman

Mar 29, 2009
Leeds
Thanks for the offers , here some scenery from this am ..

DOGSFARM023.jpg

DOGSFARM027.jpg

on a clear day it travels for 30+ mile unhindered .............niiiiiiiiice ;)

Big_bazza99

Nomad
Nov 8, 2008
North Yorks
You could try the British Dry Stone Walling Association - they are looking for sponsors, but it would cost (about £35 per metre!). I have trained with them but unfortunately (or should that be fortunately) have 3 fields in the Yorkshire Dales totalling 12.3 acres all of which are contained by DSW. I do know a farmer in the Dales who does a great walling job for £25 per metre if you want his details......let me know

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE