CBT training

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Sainty

Nomad
Jan 19, 2009
St Austell
A Raleigh Grifter. Twist grip gear change, absolutely brilliant!! Didn't need a licence to ride one of those in my day though. ;) ;) ;)

Martin

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
congratulations on passing chap!

I ride a Hond varadero v twin 125, very sturdy bike and comfy, i rode mine from plymouth along the coast to folkstone and back with an over night in odiham on the way there, then from plymouth to kinloss, scotland via fort william .in three days with a stop in birmingham then a stop in edinburgh, very good fuel economy about 275 miles to a 16L tank. i love my bike and enjoy making bits for it, my next mod is a rear pannier set, ally box kind for a bit of security. i think i'll only get another when i can afford a norton 961s commando. but i'll never sell my baby vara. i'm off on it this weekend acctually down to fort william find someware to sleep ( any suggestions of good out of the way spots would be great) then around to oban and back over rannock home along the eastern side of lock ness, i'm very excited!!

alpha_centaur

Settler
Jan 2, 2006
Millport, Scotland
My first bike was a Kawasaki Eliminator POS. Would never buy another kawasaki after owning this bike.

Gave up biking an then went back and it was a CG125, and now a Suzi bandit

Congrats on passing your CBT

gunslinger

Nomad
Sep 5, 2008
Devon
pedal and revs because they are not really bikes are they.
It would be a Triumph Tiger Cub but the first legal one on the road was a BSA C15 250cc
which I passed my test on in 1970.

But then I am getting on:D

However since then have owned blades,R1s,Huyabusa,Huskies,KTMs,too many Zs to list,to name but a few.
Currently customising my 7th Harley.

So as you can see,having taken the first step the world is your hamster;) :cool: :cool:

GS

NatG

Settler
Apr 4, 2007
Southend On Sea
congratulations on passing chap!

I ride a Hond varadero v twin 125, very sturdy bike and comfy, i rode mine from plymouth along the coast to folkstone and back with an over night in odiham on the way there, then from plymouth to kinloss, scotland via fort william .in three days with a stop in birmingham then a stop in edinburgh, very good fuel economy about 275 miles to a 16L tank. i love my bike and enjoy making bits for it, my next mod is a rear pannier set, ally box kind for a bit of security. i think i'll only get another when i can afford a norton 961s commando. but i'll never sell my baby vara. i'm off on it this weekend acctually down to fort william find someware to sleep ( any suggestions of good out of the way spots would be great) then around to oban and back over rannock home along the eastern side of lock ness, i'm very excited!!

just been and had a look online at the vadero's, they're pretty:D also looks like a bit of a bigger bike which would suit my ahem*portly*ahem stature better. Might be stretching the budget a bit though

Barn Owl

Old Age Punk
Apr 10, 2007
Ayrshire
Used to ride a Honda 250 superdream (with custom paint job:rolleyes: ) when it was legal to do so on a provisional.

That's all I can say legally...;)

I've no idea what's on offer nowadays though...don't suppose coffins or bathtubs as a sidecar are all the rage?:lmao:

Retired Member southey

M.A.B (Mad About Bushcraft)
Jun 4, 2006
your house!
just been and had a look online at the vadero's, they're pretty:D also looks like a bit of a bigger bike which would suit my ahem*portly*ahem stature better. Might be stretching the budget a bit though

yeah managed to get mine just before the prices went up. but as for power for a 125 its got it but the bucket load, there was no decernable change in performance between unloaded and carrying all my kit, it's very balanced at slow speed to you can turn on full lock at just over idle it really does pull well for a little engine.

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Well done. Adventure starts here.....

Passing your test is the first hurdle out of the way, now for some experience. Get a bike (even a crappy one will do) and some experience under your belt to make you safer (advanced course worth its weight in gold) and you'll find it makes you a better car driver.

I ride a CBR600 to work every day (only missed about 10 days over winter) and a Yamaha FJR. Had allsorts in the past from 50cc upwards.

Once you get settled, a small bag to strap to the back somewhere and overnight lightweight camping can be had for a tank full of petrol (about £12).

Your a bit far away, but if you ever get this far north on two wheels give me a shout for a blast round the Lakes (I know where they hide the camera's !!).

Well done again..:35:

burning

Tenderfoot
Jul 27, 2006
nw uk
First I'd like to say well done there's nothing that beats that buzz :)
My first was a Honda 90 placky I bought with money from a paper round, 25 quid for a steep learning curve in howto fit a new piston and rings.

Had a few bikes but I'm currently on an old FZR 750 and she can still dance if your right wrist forgets to stay upright :D

Your a bit far away, but if you ever get this far north on two wheels give me a shout for a blast round the Lakes (I know where they hide the camera's !!).

Ok if I take you up on that sometime? Hardnott+ Rhinos pass is my fave road in this country and the pint at the end seems so much sweeter lol ;)

helixpteron

Native
Mar 16, 2008
UK
Excellent!

Its a great feeling, I still remember everything about the day that I passed my motorcycle test.

My first bike was a bright yellow Honda CJ250T, though I took my test on a black MZ TS250 Supa 5, what made it 'Supa' was fitting a Honda twin leading shoe drum brake into the front wheel, and a Cibie headlight conversion........ being able to see, then being able to stop made such a difference!
happy0009.gif

The type of riding you intend to do may form the choice of motorcycle you buy, do you want to carry a pillion and camping gear over distance, want to green lane etc, can you give a few more details?

widu13

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Feb 9, 2008
Ubique Quo Fas Et Gloria Ducunt
Pre licence Honda C70, Honda C90 and Monkey Bike, Tomos moped with pedals! First bike a Kawasaki AE50, then a CanAm 350, then an Armstrong 500, then a flashy and noisy Honda ST1100, then a Yamaha Divvy 600, then a Honda CBR1000, then a Yamaha Divvy 900 which I still have. Only ever "owned" 4 bikes in the last 25 years whilst I had a bike licence.

Ogri the trog

Mod
Mod
Apr 29, 2005
Mid Wales UK
Nice one Nat,
Not sure I'd like to be setting out on the roads these days, I admire your determination. First for me was a two stroke 125cc single cylinder Yamaha, then went through a Superdream variant, and then a side step to real bikes, Triumph TR6P, Bonny, a BSA A10, Guzzi Lemans and all I'm left with now is a heavily breathed upon Harley Sportster 1200 and a broken knee-cap.

Stay safe buddy

Ogri the trog

lostagain

Need to contact Admin...
Jun 27, 2008
Windermere
Ok if I take you up on that sometime? Hardnott+ Rhinos pass is my fave road in this country and the pint at the end seems so much sweeter lol ;)

Sure. Hardnott / Rhinos plus a couple of high passes near Keswick and a blast along the A6 / A683 = cracking day out.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE