Unusual encounters in the wilderness

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
Where I live in Texas. There is a river bottom about 10 miles from
my back fence. I have been hunting there since I was nee high to a
grasshopper well I have seen some strange things in that bottom
And never quite figured them out. Was I seeing things ???? who knows
Do I still go there yes and camp there. never know what you may see and hear. I have had my horse since things that I did not see.
The belief in strange things happening in that bottom goes back for generations. If you ask people around here about it they get a weard look in there eyes
and tell you not to go messing around there.

Minotaur

Native
Apr 27, 2005
Birmingham
BTW our eyes do get damaged by constant focus. Especially when staring at a tv or computer. Hence the dramatic increase in spectacle wearers over the last century or so. Lots of office workers end up having to wear glasses/contacts etc when they didn't before.

"Constant Re-focus" is bad for you, but TV do not give it to you because you should not sit that close.

200 years ago we had a farming way of life, 60 years ago the first computer was invented, and we have only recently become a nation of office people. Listen to H&S about your eyesight they have a point.

Why doesn't anyone ever get a cell phone pic of these things?

You do wonder, but the most expense camera in the world has taken a picture of faith healing in action.

Ref. Auras, you can feel them. Move you hand up and down off your other arm. There should be a slight resistance at one point, that is your aura.

Here is a bizarre thought for you, they always say a Blind person's other senses develop more when they go blind. What if they just pay attention to them?

HillBill

Bushcrafter through and through
Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
John, Firecrest,

In an earlier post i mentioned the African woman, and what you two have been discussing with regards to time/perception/reality is part of what that woman was saying to me.

I sent a PM to joejoe before this was brought up and this is exactly what i said to him.(copy and pasted from pm)

don't know if help was the word. She passed knowledge and with it a burden and a guide i was never scared just a bit knocked off balance, well a lot. She was a nice lady who knew probably too much about things that wasn't explainably possible. time has proven her correct. That is what now worries me, the time that is yet to come is the same as the time that already has been and the time that will be again. She knew me because she had met with me before yet i had never met her..If you follow me..

Bit of a coincidence really if you ask me that the discussion goes this way the day after i sent this.

Everything is a perception and only real in the eye of the beholder. Everything is made up of atoms, yet an atom is just empty space. How then can nothing create a solid object?

dangerpie

Dec 5, 2008
Thame, Oxfordshire
When I was younger I was at my mates house and we were playing with a huge cardboard box, which are always highly entertaining when you're a kid! Just before he put the big lid on it I saw a cat jump in (another species who love a box!). So I said "hey wait a minute, your cat just jumped in the box". But when we peered inside there was no cat! In fact, the cat was out somewhere doing catty things! Also, the cat I saw jump into the box was a different colour to his cat.

There could be all sorts of explanations to it. I can't even remember if it was the corner of my eye or if I saw it head on now, so there's a good chance that theres a perfectly logical explanation. But I still joke to him now about the "ghost-cat" that lives in his house, 10 years later! :)

swagman

Nomad
Aug 14, 2006
Tasmania
I am sorry HillBill but do you really think any logical thinking person can believe this elaborate story you have told.

I am not posting this to upset or offend anybody but i cannot believe a lot of this mumbo jumbo.

I agree with Oblio13 where is the evidence or photos.

Swagman

traderran

Settler
May 6, 2007
TEXAS USA
I am sorry HillBill but do you really think any logical thinking person can believe this elaborate story you have told.

I am not posting this to upset or offend anybody but i cannot believe a lot of this mumbo jumbo.

I agree with Oblio13 where is the evidence or photos.

Swagman

There are a lot of things that you will never explain with A photo or
evidence. everything in this world is not black an white. When it
is your turn you will believe or it will drive you crazy.

Barney

Settler
Aug 15, 2008
Lancashire
For what its worth I will put forward for consideration my deliberations on the various subject addressed.

The seeing of spirits or ghosts I have always rationalized as recordings from past times.
The planet earth is one huge magnet and projects rays and fields dancing about all over the surface of the planet. I have a theory that these magnetic fields record events which are recuring , like the cassette tapes but different. Magnetic recording heads crating an impression on a ferric oxide tape. The earth is the magnet and the ground (Iron) is the media upon which the event is recorded probably due to repetition or an unusual set of magnetic field circumstances. One incident that happened to a past work collegue of mine was in a factory where I once worked mick ran from the bottom to the top of the yard, several hundred metres, and wouldnt move from the security gatehouse. He had been working in a large warehouse when he was confronted by an army of roman legionairs marching towards him all apparently chopped off below the knees. This event caused quite a stir as you could imagine, as Big Mick was six four and scared of nothing. The reason the were legless? The actual roman road that used to pass through the site was some 18" below the level of the current ground. All very strange.

WhichDoctor

Nomad
Aug 12, 2006
Shropshire
The stuff about eyes is somewhat true. I remember seeing something on TV about it a while ago, can’t remember what program. It was in Australia, someone did an experiment with a table covered with lodes of different objects, they got some school kids to look at the table for a few seconds and then covered it up and cleared the table. They then got the children to try and put all the objects back where they were. Most of the kids put the objects back starting at the top left and working down like a page and could only remember something like a third to a quarter of it accurately. The Aboriginal kids who had spent time in the bush put the objects back randomly all over the table, could do it much quicker and got most of them right.

The conclusion was that being tort to read and right from an early age means that we see things in a focused linear fashion. While being out in the bush early on in life allows you to see everything in your field of view at a glance.

I believe that many of these experiences may well have something to do with the real nature of time. Maybe sometimes we get a glimpse of something that happened far back in the past, or even the future? And maybe a slightly broader way of looking at the world may help you see them. But then I know nothing really and am just speculating wildly! :eek:

P.S. Hay dangerpie that was a very interesting result you got from your Schrödinger's cat experiment :lmao: . Maybe you had found the worldsfirst quantum cat!

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire

Swagman

Probably not, but then i don't expect you to. I wouldn't have done a few years back.
I only do now because that is what happened.

Logical thinkers are left brain dominant, which means that their mind can't concieve of something illogical, thats what the right brains for.:)

Probably not, but then i don't expect you to. I wouldn't have done a few years back.
I only do now because that is what happened.

Logical thinkers are left brain dominant, which means that they're mind can't concieve of something illogical, thats what the right brains for.:)

Agree with you completely Hillbilly, I have been arguing with another fella about this lately, some people see things in black and white and cant grasp the possibility that unexplained things do happen. We do not need facts, we do not need proof, it is simply faith, faith that strange things can and do happen, things that have no explanation and seem beyond the realm of possibility.

Look at Noahs Ark, something that seems so inconceivable, something so far fatched that many people claim using 'common sense' tells you it didnt happen. Argue that with the million/billion people around the worl that believe and trust in their faith. Faith that something unimaginable could have indeed happened. Noone can prove that it did or didnt happen, who is right and who is wrong?

It all comes down to having an open mind to the possibilities that some things that happen just can not be explained, and probably never will be able to be explained.

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire

korvin karbon

Native
Jul 12, 2008
Fife
probably straying into a topic that i do not want to see on this board, but here i go

The persons who believe that people who have had odd experiences are either makign it up or it can be explained by natural events, do you believe that their is a god / god's ?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
Read the top one, through various pages, i don't recall anyone in history building a city or group of cities 2000ft beneath the ocean, and yet they are there. They are not even disputed by science, they cannot be because they are there. With unknown writing i might add, they are holding off on the Atlantis theory for now but only until they have more proof.What ever it is science is very interested.

BTW i wouldn't put the bbc under the most credible either, they are owned by the masters of disinformation.

EDIT, Have you ever had a de ja vu?, and if so how would you explain that logically?

HillBill

Oct 1, 2008
W. Yorkshire
I've been thinking, with regards to proving things. Follow my reasoning for a minute.

If you were stood in a valley, with hills on all sides and your vision is restricted to just that valley and not beyond. Could you prove that anything exists at all outside of what YOU can pick up with your own senses at that time? Ok you may have walked into that valley so when you were on the route you could prove to yourself that the route exists but you cant see the valley so at that time you can't prove the valley exists. Follow me so far.

Perception of reality is what we percieve it to be, to us individually. Sure you could take a video of a certain place and that would prove that it exists, when you go home and watch it all you are doing is seeing something that was there when you were there, but can you prove it was still there while you were at home watching it?

You could have a friend stood in a certain place while you are elsewhere. You could be on the phone to him and he could tell you that where he is exists, TO HIM, but you can't see it so can you prove that where he is exists?

I'm not saying this is the case, i do not know, i can't prove anything exists out of my field of vision, even though i know it does. But that is just perception of reality.

If a tree falls in the woods and no one hears it does it still make a sound?

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE