How many people hold a CRB?

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Do you hold a CRB certificate?

• Total voters
May 24, 2005
Guildford, Surrey
I have one as I am a Scout Leader. I am very pleased to see that so many of you have taken the trouble to get one so that you can help with Scouts. It's getting harder and harder to get people to help out with Scouts.

TGM (Bear on British Blades)

Sniper

Native
Aug 3, 2008
Saltcoats, Ayrshire
I'm with the Red Cross so I have to have 2 enhanced...... 1 cos I am employee and ........another cos I'm a volunteer how stupid is that, just as well we don't have pay for them now.

Tadpole

Nov 12, 2005
Bristol
I didn't know I had a CRB advanced until my renewal form came through, How could I have not known I have had one for nearly three years, I guess it is part of the SIA licence application

Gill

Jun 29, 2004
SCOTLAND
i have recently had a disclosure scotland for my sia license , supposedley everyone working in the security ind had to have one of these before november last year or face a criminal conviction.now one year on most of the security in pubs ,clubs etc still don,t have these and i can,t see this being monitored anywhere .i have to say the sia could not cope with the volume of applicants to have this done for last year.i am a bit sceptical about this and think it is a money spinner

Scots_Charles_River

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Dec 12, 2006
paddling a loch
www.flickr.com
Called - Disclosure Scotland Checks
If I move schools, all with the same employer, I need one for each move. Since I have been at school for 11 years not had one since 2nd Year of the BEd I did.

They only matter if they are updated yearly or when moving/starting a job. Different up here in Scotland.

Nick

maddave

Jan 2, 2004
Manchester UK
I have the enhanced CRB for working with kids and vunerable adults. I need it in my work as a park warden as we put on activities for schools etc

B

bigal

i have 2 or 3 , one for work and one for coaching ( level 2 sea angling coach)

al

jdlenton

Dec 14, 2004
Northampton
i have completed six of these since 2001 all the enhanced one for working with minors they are a reasonable thing but all the form filling starts to get a bit on the silly side some sort of central database where you get a number and then every time you need a new check it happens and you have no need to get all your papers out copy them and hand them over might be a good idea god knows how many copies of mt passport are kicking around in various offices!!!. couple the number with some sort of biometrics a finger print would do it and the hole ting would be reasonable secure.

Melonfish

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jan 8, 2009
Warrington, UK
it could be going somewhere?

hehe i held a crb back in 01/02 whilst i was busy dealing WITH ALL YOUR CENSUS FORMS!
ever since that time i can't look an oracle database in the same way. the HORROR!

yeah so i had to be CRB'd to work there, and only certain people were allowed in the Northern irland section and they were vetted heavily!

nowt for kids mind but i doubt there's much i can teach a kid except some fingerstyle (guitar) and perhaps the odd dirtly limerick ;)

IJ55

Forager
Mar 29, 2009
UK
I have a CRB disclosure for working in England and Wales, and a seperate one for working in Scotland.

Move jobs and updating certificate is now really easy - all you do is fill in your last form and they just do the checks starting from the date of issue - none of this 'all the way back' carp they used to have to do.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE