Wanted....Amadou

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Pignut

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I am in need of some Amadou.

Horse hoof fungus seems sparce round these parts at the moment and I dont want to make the situation any worse!

If anyone hase a pile of preped amadou and fancy a trade, let me know.

Shewie

Mod
Mod
Dec 15, 2005
Yorkshire
I saw some joker selling it on ebay for about £10

Oh no make that £12.85 plus £2.85 p&p for 10 grams

Rich

JonnyP

Oct 17, 2005
Cornwall...
I have some even rarer over here, true tinder fungus (birch conk), (takes a spark off flint and steel), if your interested...

sapper1

Feb 3, 2008
swansea
not sure which one is amadou put up a picture and i'll see what I can do.
There are so many different tree fungi around me it's hard to tell.

P@ul

Forager
Jan 30, 2006
East Sussex
No amadou, but I did spot a couple of horse's hoof funghi on my dog walk today.

That gives me some encouragement, I have been looking for the last week with no luck and was begining to think that there wasn't any in Sussex. Must look harder:)

Greg

Jul 16, 2006
Pembrokeshire
If there is any Amadou going spare I wouldn't mind a piece just for instructional purposes to show my students, so doesn't need to be a huge piece!

Simon H

Nomad
Feb 20, 2008
The Ashdown Forest
That gives me some encouragement, I have been looking for the last week with no luck and was begining to think that there wasn't any in Sussex. Must look harder:)

Not sure about the rest of East Sussex, but there is a patch of woodland behind my house with more than it's share of knackered silver birches so I see it fairly often. You could try Ashdown Forest, there's a a good load of birch over there.

Lodian if Pignut doesn't want it, it's yours.

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
I have some even rarer over here, true tinder fungus (birch conk), (takes a spark off flint and steel), if your interested...

Sounds even better, that is something I have never used!

You have pm

Thanks everyone for your kind offers

Pignut

Jun 9, 2005
Lincolnshire
Not sure about the rest of East Sussex, but there is a patch of woodland behind my house with more than it's share of knackered silver birches so I see it fairly often. You could try Ashdown Forest, there's a a good load of birch over there.

Lodian if Pignut doesn't want it, it's yours.

Thanks for that!

Lodian, you are in luck!

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE