DIY Folding Bushsaw

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Thanks for all the replies guys, 29 plans sent out so far. No reply from Tony about posting in the downloads section yet though.
Cheers
Nick

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Where did you get the blade from Nick ??? Am I likely to find one in B&Q ??

Rich
Picked it up under a fiver from E-Bay. Look for the swedish hardpoint blades they are designed for cutting green wood. B&Q do them i think but they are for kiln dried wood.

Cheers
Nick

Jared

Bushcrafter (boy, I've got a lot to say!)
Sep 8, 2005
Wales
Where did you get the blade from Nick ??? Am I likely to find one in B&Q ??

Rich

Homebase sells them, iirc.

Both usual triangle saw \/\/\/\/\/\/ pattern for general cutting and the ones intended for green wood (as in the pictures of the bowsaw above.)

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
No probs sending out plans chaps but please pm me with your normal email as i cant send attachments otherwise

Cheers
Nick

gunnix

Nomad
Mar 5, 2006
Belgium
Thanks for the plans, I've made on myself the day after getting them. It's a very nice design! Though also a bit overcomplicated :)

pentrekeeper

Forager
Apr 7, 2008
North Wales
Hi nickg I would love to see a set of plans, any chance I have sent you a pm with my email address, cheers.
Looks like you made a first class job in making the saw.

nickg

Settler
May 4, 2005
Chatham
Nice design.

Why is the shaped side of the centre bar on the cutting side though?

Doesn't that limit the depth of cut slightly?

Is there any reason not to turn the centre bar the other way up to get more clearance?

Yes and no in that order - you can put it the other way up but the difference amounts to a few millimetres.

I have to comfess that the saw broke after a few days in norway, although to be fair it was taking some pretty heavy usage.
The tenons both snapped off the centre piece but I honestly put this down to the attractive but not very strong tasmanian 'hardwood' that I used and not the design. (and the fact that it was -10 didnt help)

Thanks for the good comments guys & i shall be sending out the plans you asked for in the next few days

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE