Stu M kitchen knife

• Hey Guest, Early bird pricing on the Summer Moot (29th July - 10th August) available until April 6th, we'd love you to come. PLEASE CLICK HERE to early bird price and get more information.

Shinken

Native
Nov 4, 2005
cambs
Not very bushcrafty but here is a blade i handled

Scales from Cocobolo

CIMG3771.jpg

CIMG3770.jpg

CIMG3769.jpg

CIMG3768.jpg

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
Well, I'm a little embarassed to say that it's not going at all at the moment. The knife and I are still in the 'honeymoon phase' and so we spend most of our time together just gazing at each other adoringly (true) :D

I've just polished the factory edge up a little, and it'll curl shavings of seasoned softwood better than a Mora, but the thick edge is no good for seasoned harwood. I'm planing on regrinding the cross-section more like the previous S1 I did, though I think this time I'll buy some diamond bench stones to do the initial heavy reshaping, rather than the Japanese Waterstones I used last time. I found that the coarse Waterstones wore away too quickly.

Thought I might see if there's enough leftover rowan to re-handle a Mod P as a partner to the fixed blade :naughty:

Cheers mate,
Paul.

TheGreenMan

Native
Feb 17, 2006
beyond the pale
...i like good ole course oilstones for hand regrinding

That caused me to do some backtracking, and I visited some sites I haven't read in a long time. Interesting stuff, and nice refresher for the memory, too. As a result, the shopping list got a little longer :)

Kind regards,
Paul.

BCUK Shop

We have a a number of knives, T-Shirts and other items for sale.

SHOP HERE